Did you meet your 2015 goals? What will 2016 hold?

Did you meet your 2015 goals? What will 2016 hold?

Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 17 votes

I feel like I've turned a corner, taken charge and made a few good decisions. I might even be heading in the right direction.

  • Average monthly income is up 15%
  • Went from cash flow negative (-21,000) in 2014 to cash flow positive (7,000)
  • Cut physical expenses from $63,000 to $21,000
  • Added one rental
  • Repaired one roof and re-shingled another

Next Year's Goals

  • Gutters
  • Turn a few property over to property management
  • Buy one rental
  • Increase emergency fund to 6 months expenses

What about you all? Any Plans?

0Reply
18 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Got my first rental in 2015..

    Want another in 2016..

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Good job and good luck Authur D. !

  • Investor · North Pole alaska · Member since 2015 · 123 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    good job on cutting expenses down so much. I did as well and don't miss any I'm actually a lot more happy

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    Even though I did not hit my goals (5-10 flips and 5 rentals), I feel like it was still a success.  The quality of my rentals acquired will make it much easier to produce very steady long term rental income.  So I call it even.  2016, I'm trying to go BIG.  More to come

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    2015 goal was to acquire another rental, accomplished that. We now have 3 SFH with renters in them. It's a small start, but over time it should pay off nicely.

  • Investor · Fairlawn, OH · Member since 2011 · 61 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    I hit my goal of 3 flips for 2015.  The third one took me quite a while to get completed and sold but I got their.  For 2016, I am hoping to complete 5 flips and purchase a multi-family.  I would like to start the rental career with a 4plex in Summit County, Oh.  We'll see how things go. Good luck to all of you in 2016 and congrats on those who had a great 2015.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.