I have been a Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been a Mortgage Loan Officer

Irving, TX · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello All,

I was a mortgage loan officer and did fairly well with it.  Computers have been my passion most of my life and I am current a programmer.  I am wanting to break into investing and in particular probate investing.  I am looking for investors who do not have the time to search to help me do a few deals to help me get started.  Let me save you the time of doing all the searching.

Thanks,

Kurt Nichols

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    start attending the local meetings. there are plenty of them in texas.

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    @Kurt Nichols It would seem that in most every major market, from east coast, your market (TX) and west coast, a lack of inventory is a consistent theme. 

    I've been doing probate, missing and deceased owner related deals almost exclusively since around 1990. 

    Part of your challenge is that in this phase of the economy listed properties present few upside opportunities. 

    A guy who wants to sit in front of a computer screen all day and research off-market possibilities adds, at most, 5% of the profit formula. 

    In other words, uncovering an opportunity in the form of a property address does not represent much added value than that. However, locating the principals (or heirs), making contact and then introducing sellers to buyer adds probably another 5% to the mix for a total of about 10%. 

    However, it's unlikely that you will do this from the comfort of home. It will require boots on the ground to vet the properties and get people to come to the door. 

    Time to learn skip tracing techniques, learn and refine your door knocking skills.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.