Seller financing Deal in Coconut Creek

Seller financing Deal in Coconut Creek

Wholesaler · Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 5 votes
Hey fellow BP members, I have this deal that I'm looking to work on. This out of state newbie investor purchased a property in a HOA foreclosure sale a year ago, he paid $27.7K for it. It is a completely vacant property in Coconut Creek , FL. Very nice neighborhood and all it's missing is kitchen appliances. He wants to sell but here's the catch... There's a first position mortgage from BOA for $475,000, the property is only worth $325,000. He's looking to make some money from this deal so he'll do $47.5K cash but there's no way he's getting cash from an investor knowing that the property has a mortgage on it. I asked if he's willing to do 100% Owner financing with a 10 year loan at 5%. He said Yes. Principal and Interest would be $503 and Taxes & Insurance would be $569 a month. The property can easily rent for $1800 a month. I was wondering if there would be a way for me to go into the deal and have it cash flow, pay down the loan without me getting into any legal trouble ? I would also like to know how this deal would work if I was to wrap the mortgage. I'd like to get advice from ONLY people who have actually done deals on terms. Thanks
0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    There is No long term deal here. Do you know if the mortgage is currently in foreclosure? There is no way to "pay down" the mortgage being that it's in arrears, and the balance is growing all the time. The only way to make money when buying an upside down property thru an HOA auction is to rent it, and collect more rent than you paid for it, Before the bank forecloses. If all it needs is appliances, why hasn't this guy been renting it? Maybe it's in an HOA that doesn't allow rentals? By the way, no one in this position pays the property taxes, since the bank is going to foreclose before it will get to a tax deed auction. You would be absolutely crazy to sign any kind of note with this guy, for a property you're going to lose, and he could get a judgment for the balance. He's looking for an idiot, don't be it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.