How many offers do you make to get one deal?

How many offers do you make to get one deal?

Rental Property Investor / Construction Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 103 votes
Fellow BPer's, I am curious how many offers are typically made on one property before you actually receive a signed deal. This number varies with the more and more people that I speak with and I am curious what most of the BP members are experiencing. Thanks
0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
10y

The number varies primarily on how good a job the REI does in finding the right market. If I had to put a number on it, I would say it takes between 3 - 5 offers on average before we get a deal. However, there are times when we can get accepted offers on multiple consecutive properties. I think I remember making 8 offers one day...and getting 6, with the other two just missing out.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y

    The number varies primarily on how good a job the REI does in finding the right market. If I had to put a number on it, I would say it takes between 3 - 5 offers on average before we get a deal. However, there are times when we can get accepted offers on multiple consecutive properties. I think I remember making 8 offers one day...and getting 6, with the other two just missing out.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y

    I will say this, the answer to the question posed here is not important.  If it is, you're focus is on the wrong numbers.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 101 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Depends where you are buying and how much competion,

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Shaun Palmer you actually asked how many offers on a single property.  Is that really what you mean?  We generally make 1 offer and possibly 1 counter, because we know pretty well what will get us the property.

    If you're just asking how many offers in general it takes to get any deal, then @Joe Villeneuve & @Bil Casimir are correct.  It completely depends on the market and how well you understand what it will take to get a deal accepted.  Here in DFW it's possible you make a strong offer at noon only to find out an offer was accepted at 10

  • Registered Nurse (ICU) · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 332 votes
    10y
    Whatever it takes! :)
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Whatever it takes! :)

     Whatever it takes to get an offer that makes you money...not, whatever it takes to get the property.  Not the same thing.  I don't keep track of how many "numbers" I have with street names after them...just how many "numbers" I have with $$$$ in front of them.

  • Registered Nurse (ICU) · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 332 votes
    10y

    @Joe Villeneuve  yes!  Of course the numbers still need to make sense. 

  • Rental Property Investor / Construction Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 103 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the responses everyone.  I think it is obvious that this is going to depend on the market and your respective offer being submitted. Anyone can submit a lowball offer but it depends on what you think will get accepted and the market you are in,  Otherwise, why make the offer at all. 

    @Joe Villeneuve

    Thank you for providing some actual numbers to this question.  3-5 makes sense.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Shaun Palmer:

    Thanks for the responses everyone.  I think it is obvious that this is going to depend on the market and your respective offer being submitted. Anyone can submit a lowball offer but it depends on what you think will get accepted and the market you are in,  Otherwise, why make the offer at all. 

    @Joe Villeneuve

    Thank you for providing some actual numbers to this question.  3-5 makes sense.

     You're missing my point.  3-5, or 3 - 500, it doesn't matter...and isn't important...and if it only makes cents, it doesn't make sense...it has to make dollars.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.