Share Your Success! Pics, Flips, and $$$

Share Your Success! Pics, Flips, and $$$

Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 266 votes

Hey BP! 

So this thread is for you to share your success!

I want to show the world ALL the amazing flips/rehabs our members here on BiggerPockets are doing and have done. 

Here's what YOU'VE got to do -

Upload Before & After pictures of your projects, give a brief description of the property w/ location and (if possible) provide some basic numbers - Purchase price, Rehab, ARV, Net Profit.

These images may very possibly be shown on the BiggerPockets social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc...) So bring your BEST! 

Lastly, make sure to Like our FB page and follow our other accounts @biggerpockets !!! 

Can't wait to see all these rehabs!

35Reply
3,343 views

Most Popular Reply

Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 160 votes
10y

Id be happy to share my last deal. I bought a condo in a retirement community for a flip, and the purchase closing which I did with my own Real Estate license was closed on December 18th of 2016. After getting all of my plans approved through the HOA I started the demolition on the 27th of December. I used contractors through the whole process and it was the first flip I have done with out doing any of the actual physical labor myself. I did design and buy all of the finishes and delivered most of them to the job site, but for the first time it was a relatively hands off experience. There were a lot of problems, as there always are but I am really excited with the finished product. I finished the rehab on the 19th of February and I just listed the property on the MLS. This is also will be the first project that I have bought with my license, project managed, designed, funded, and sold by my myself from start to finish.

Below are some numbers on the project and photos. 

Condo 2 beds, 2 Baths, 1200sqft.

Purchase Price = $153k   $158k- $5k (waived commission)= $158k

REHAB = $28K

HOLDING COST  = $3K

LISTING PRICE  = $232,900

BUYER COMMISSION/CLOSING COST= $10K

PROJECTED PROFIT = $38,900

BEFORE PICS

AFTER PICS  CLICK THE LINK

http://tours.virtuance.com/471780

See this reply in the discussion

502 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peoria, IL · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    I have never uploaded to BiggerPockets before, so let's hope this works.  This is in a 3-plex that we bought a few years ago.  We spent next to nothing because my husband did the work--not because we tried to save money, but because he's a perfectionist and thinks the only way to get something done right is to do it yourself.  We only have a handful of rentals right now, so he has time for it.  Someday, I'll have to convince him that he needs to get used to the idea of delegating, but the times that I've convinced him in the past did not work out.  He would rip apart what someone else did, and then he'd do it himself.  Ugh.  Anyway, this was an apartment where a cat had been allowed to poop all over and climb on the counters where food was left out.  The range hood looks disgusting because someone had spilled cooking oil down onto it, and then a bag of sugar.  The sugar stuck to it, and it was so gross.  The tenant never cleaned anything, and he let mold grow in the bathroom.  He said it was pointless to clean it because it would just come back.  We let him know that we weren't renewing our lease with him when it expired.  LOL

    BEFORE

    AFTER

    BEFORE

    AFTER

  • Peoria, IL · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Oh, and that fridge was my guinea pig.  It's the same refrigerator in both pics.  I used stainless steel paint on it, just to see how it would turn out.  Not too shabby.   :)

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    10y

    @Peter Amour Dramatic before & after pics. Congrats on your success!

  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2015 · 233 posts · 135 votes
    10y

    Before

    Kitchen

    Bathroom

    Toledo, OH bought $26K 4 bed 2 full bath 1,628 SQ FT. Rehab cost $26K including a new AC. 

  • Registered Nurse (ICU) · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 332 votes
    10y

    DISASTER!!!! Got it of MLS for $35,500 half a block from Garfield Park in Indianapolis!

    Got www.FSHOUSES.com on the case ...and look what happened!!!  

    $12k rehab costs and will rent for $750.

    ...........BOOOOM!  

  • Kelowna, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 108 votes
    10y

    Our latest project was a big undertaking in both budgets and sq ft. With over 5000 sq by the time we were finished the basement renovations and nanny suite. It was also the highest price point we have ever worked in on our flip projects.

    Purchase $625,000

    Renovations: $147,000

    Final Sale Price: $849,400

    Lessons Learned: 12/12 Pitch on a roof is incredibly costly to replace, often times roofers would show up see the pitch and leave without even making a bid.

    Custom Kitchens and bathrooms make or break homes! They can also make or break budgets so chose your trades carefully.

    Before:

    After:

    We could not add much to the view!

  • Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Adam A.

    Holy cow, that's a LOT of rehab for such a low price!  Did you do the work yourself?  

  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2015 · 233 posts · 135 votes
    10y

    @Chad U. 

    I only painted. I hired 3 guys and it took 6 weeks while working on another project. It looked scary but it easier when the demo was done by the previous owner.    

  • Haverhill, MA · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    just bought my first 2 family... Foreclose with. Construction loan... Comps are great in the area so fingers crossed all goes well!

  • Real Estate Investor · Abington, MA · Member since 2011 · 356 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    Purchase Price: $220,000

    Rehab Costs: $70,000

    Finance Costs: $15,000  

    Holding Costs/Closing Costs:  $25,000 

    SOLD: $386,500

    Net Profit: $56,000

    Deal structure:  Partnership with partner funding the deal 100%  with interest and a percentage of the Net Profit. 

    Lessons Learned

    1. Shorten holding time we held this for 18 months

    2. Hire more contractors we did to much of the work our selves

    Before

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Fenton, MO · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    I just sold this home in Fenton, MO (Saint Louis).  Purchased in December for $159,000.  4 bed/3 bath, 2100 square foot.  Put $26,000 in it, $7000 for realtor.  Closed today for $244,000.  Roughly a $45,000 profit.  Here are some before and afters...  3 month turn around.

  • Investor · Renton, WA · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    I haven't flipped but I have bought properties, held, rented, and refi'd.  Can I share them here too?  You guys are amazing!  

  • Real Estate Investor · Abington, MA · Member since 2011 · 356 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    @Evan Kelleher  good luck with your project keep us posted on your progress.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 266 votes
    10y

    @Paul Sorgi Great stuff! Thank you for providing all the numbers as well as some key tips! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 266 votes
    10y

    @Jen Faulkner Great job! Do you have the numbers on this rehab?! Purchase price, closing costs, holding costs, rehab $, sale price, and net profit? Anything you have will help a lot!

    Thanks!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Adam A.:

    Before

    Kitchen

    Bathroom

    Toledo, OH bought $26K 4 bed 2 full bath 1,628 SQ FT. Rehab cost $26K including a new AC. 

    VERY NICE!

  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2015 · 233 posts · 135 votes
    10y

    @Anthony Crawford  Thank you.

  • Andrew GreerPro Member
    Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 328 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    This is a project I completed that was an extensive remodel with a large addition ~1100 to a property. Purchased of $525K Rehab (Soft,Hard, and selling expense) $500K, hold time 1 year, sales price $1.45M. Dramatic change and a large project

  • Investor · Superior, CO · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    My first success story was a house in Longmont that I flipped last year.  It was a fairly rundown house on a road crowded with cars and along a train track.  The neighborhood wasn't great, but the market was (and still is) desperate for new homes.  Here are the numbers:

      - Purchase price: $150,000

      - Expected Rehab costs: $20,000

    - Expected ARV: $210,000

      - Expected Profit: $15,000

    It was my first flip, and I didn't expect to make a lot, but I needed to get the experience and was fairly confident I would make some money.

    Here are a few before pictures:

    And here are some after photos:

    And the final numbers:

    Rehab costs: $31,000

    Sales price: $231,000

    Profit: $24,000

    All and all, I was happy with the result, though I know I got lucky on appreciation.  I learned that I need to work on estimating rehab costs better and control costs during the project, and also learned a ton about the start to finish process.  I got the education I was looking for, for sure.

    Paul

  • Berthoud, CO · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Paul Ballew very nice job and congratulations!  The house looks great. Having lived in Longmont until recently I have an idea of where this is and you have definitely improved the neighborhood. I wish you continued success and thanks for sharing your story!  It inspires us newbies. 

  • Longmont, CO · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Paul for sharing :)

  • Investor · Superior, CO · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rhonda Cruz:

    @Paul Ballew very nice job and congratulations!  The house looks great. Having lived in Longmont until recently I have an idea of where this is and you have definitely improved the neighborhood. I wish you continued success and thanks for sharing your story!  It inspires us newbies. 

     Thanks!

  • Investor · Superior, CO · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Mia Sine:

    Thanks Paul for sharing :)

     Thanks, Mia!

  • Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Hey BP,

    I recently completed my first flip which was a fourplex in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I learned a pile and it was successful.

    Purchase Price - $300,000

    Rehab - $230,000

    ARV - $618,000 (sale price)

    Net profit - $65,000

    @Matt Geerts

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
    10y

    Wow @Tyler Bruce that looks great, congrats on the success of your first flip!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.