First Flip at 21! Before and After Pics!

First Flip at 21! Before and After Pics!

Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes

I just completed my FIRST FLIP! The rehab took approximately 3 ½ weeks. The home is a 2bd, 1ba townhouse that is slightly over 1000sq ft located in Illinois.

Numbers:

Purchase Price with closing cost: $55,290.25

Rehab Cost: $28,815.60

Total in: $84,105.85

Holding cost: Roughly $450 a month (insurance, HOA fees, utilities, & taxes)

ARV: $115,000

Estimated Profit: $29,094.15

The property just went onto the market today. Here are the before and after photos!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

49Reply
560 views

Most Popular Reply

Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 16 votes
9y

Amazing work!  One suggestion I would throw out there is to hire a real estate photographer for around $100 to photograph the whole house.  I use them for my airbnb listings and there is a tangible increase in price with professional photos vs iPhone pictures.  The wine bottle was a great touch, definitely use it again!

See this reply in the discussion

219 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bolingbrook, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y
    Great look. What part of Illinois?
  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    congrats

  • Real Estate Agent · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 19 votes
    9y
    Those look great Angelica Osusky !!! Awesome job!!
  • Investor · Ewa Beach, HI · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    9y
    Wow! Great job.
  • Burbank, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Awesome! Great Job!

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Nija Lowery Are you on the app? I have had this problem as well occur before when I was on the app. Try logging onto the computer and message me from there!

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Michael Mullins Thank you! We did not paint the cabinets ourselves. These white kitchen cabinets were shipped that color, we just assembled them and added the hardware to complete the look. The next flip will be as soon as this one sells! I will be sure to keep you all posted!

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed 19? Awesome! Definitely something to be proud of. My goal for 2017 is to do at least four flips. So I plan to keep that rate of a new one just about every 3 months! Thanks, and best of luck!

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed It was financed with cash. If you are looking for other ways to finance fix and flip deals I'd suggest you check out The book on house flipping by J scott. He not only speaks on financing but breaks down and talks about every aspect of flipping houses. 

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Chris Low It was financed with cash so there was no mortgage payment nor cost of money. There will be realtor commission, fees, etc when selling. I did accidentally leave those out from the numbers. That will definitely affect my profit at the end. However, it will still be a pretty good return!

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Redenius Because of the timing of the auction and how quickly it started and stopped my GC did not walk through the property prior. However, the very next day I had him come. I wouldn't suggest this but that is what happened in my situation.

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 88 votes
    9y

    @Bob Soer Joliet

  • Property Manager · Lindenhurst, IL · Member since 2016 · 854 posts · 506 votes
    9y

    After rehab pictures look great. Good job doing it in such a short amount of time!

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 420 posts · 172 votes
    9y

    @Angelica Osusky now my next question, lol how'd you accumulate all that cash at 21 while in college? 

  • Wholesaler · Jarrettsville, MD · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Congrats. What was or is your funding source? I'm wanting to start but fear the lack of capital and credit is holding me down. Thanks
  • Real Estate Agent · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Great job on your diets flip Angelica🙂. Congratulations and hopefully you'll have many more to follow. Cheers!
  • Real Estate Agent · Aubrey, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Angelica Osusky Great job on your first flip Angelica🙂. Congratulations and hopefully you'll have many more to follow. Cheers! First flip**
  • Investor · Shorewood, IL · Member since 2011 · 79 posts · 18 votes
    9y
    congrats Angelica, great experience . I would highly recommend lease option -you can get a higher then market price with a non refundable option fee. I've done several in Joliet. I also have several rentals in that area. I would also recommend you as soon as your able to transition into buy and hold to do so. I believe in that's where the wealth is built. Great Job ! If I can help with anything pls let me know.
  • New Lenox, IL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Angelica Osusky awesome job! Congrats
  • Lender · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 34 votes
    9y

    Phenomenal work. You have a great eye from interior design and improving value. Definitely Keep pushing forward. I had a similar circumstance here in Washington state.

    I bought a condo at 23 with about the same value.

    Appraised at 75k

    Bought at 66.5k

    Rough rehab cost 20k ( I didn't do a very good job keeping track of my cost and receipts because I was dumb)

    Newly Appraised at 120k.

    Considered selling but just took out a HELOC and rented it out for 1260. Almost got away with 1350.

    Rehab was done over the course of 2 years because I was in and out of deployments as well as living in it. Trust me, not fun.

    Just some words of advice, advice that I'm still having trouble accepting. Don't worry about going faster when it comes to real estate. As long as you're moving forward...Just don't stop. 

  • Real Estate Professional · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    @Angelica Osusky, two thumb up and great job with the rehab, what kind of floor did you put in the bathroom i want to use the exact replica in our upcoming rehab, please pm me if you have time, keep posting but most of all keep sharing, Outsdanding & don't stop now you just getting your feet wet!!!

  • University Place, WA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Nice job Angelica!

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 446 posts · 305 votes
    9y

    EXCELLENT!!!!!

  • Vordingborg, SJ · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Contrats on your first flip. :-) KR Klaus

  • Real Estate Agent · Lake St. Louis MO · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    Awesome job. Maybe consider spending extra 1-2k on staging. It will help you sell faster! Great job though
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.