Joliet, IL 路 Member since 2016 路 119 posts 路 88 votes
I just completed my FIRST FLIP! The rehab took approximately 3 陆 weeks. The home is a 2bd, 1ba townhouse that is slightly over 1000sq ft located in Illinois.
Numbers:
Purchase Price with closing cost: $55,290.25
Rehab Cost: $28,815.60
Total in: $84,105.85
Holding cost: Roughly $450 a month (insurance, HOA fees, utilities, & taxes)
ARV: $115,000
Estimated Profit: $29,094.15
The property just went onto the market today. Here are the before and after photos!
Vendor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 55 posts 路 16 votes
9y
Amazing work! One suggestion I would throw out there is to hire a real estate photographer for around $100 to photograph the whole house. I use them for my airbnb listings and there is a tangible increase in price with professional photos vs iPhone pictures. The wine bottle was a great touch, definitely use it again!
Developer 路 Philadelphia, PA 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 904 votes
9y
Angelica Osusky , great job!
Is that a laminate floor? If so, who is the manufacturer and what is the name of it?
Have you considered holding on to the property and renting it vs. selling? What is the going rent in the area?
Did you find the rehab from savings?
Livingston County, MI 路 Member since 2015 路 88 posts 路 23 votes
9y
Impressive. Wish I was onto big things like this when I was 21. Wow great job Angelica Osusky and I'm curious as to what the flooring you used as well. Keep us updated!
Rental Property Investor 路 Buena Vista, CO 路 Member since 2015 路 101 posts 路 47 votes
9y
@Angelica Osusky - I am truly impressed. Your management on the rehab must have been great. NICE JOB. That is definitely the hardest part, as well as knowing your numbers. Just make sure your sale price is the right one to move it quickly - don't hold out for an extra $5-$10K and lose 3-5 months of time. Great job!
Vendor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 55 posts 路 16 votes
9y
Amazing work! One suggestion I would throw out there is to hire a real estate photographer for around $100 to photograph the whole house. I use them for my airbnb listings and there is a tangible increase in price with professional photos vs iPhone pictures. The wine bottle was a great touch, definitely use it again!
West Lafayette, IN 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 4 votes
9y
@Angelica Osusky as someone who is also currently in college (in Indiana, however) I am impressed by your drive to get something completed prior to graduation. I have similar goals and have a few questions, especially regarding funding, since we have similar situations. How did you go about obtaining the loan (or was it entirely cash financed?), did you purchase the house from a realtor/seller or was it a foreclosure of some sort? And where did you produce the capital for the renovations. Congratulations on your first flip, I hope you are able to sell it at or above ARV!
Real Estate Investor 路 North Haledon , NJ 路 Member since 2016 路 64 posts 路 11 votes
9y
amazing job @Angelica Osusky lets hear the full story of this purchase? Was it a foreclosure, MLS, bank owned, short sale? Did you get creative with financing? It looks great congrats!