BiggerPockets Podcast 048: Duplex Investing, Finding Great Properties, and Tips for Managing Tenants with Darren Sager
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we talk with real estate investor Darren Sager about his fascinating business model involving buy and hold real estate, live-in flips, and managing properties with minimal hassle.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
This show is crammed full of awesome, actionable ideas, tips, and lessons – so don’t miss a second of it!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- The college professional who got Darren started
- When to use the 1% rule
- How Darren bought his first property for almost nothing down
- The $400,000 live-in flip
- The #1 most important characteristic Darren looks for in properties
- The secret to renting property to people with children
- How to save thousands of dollars using YouTube.
- And a whole lot more
Links from the Show
- The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors by Brandon Turner
- How I Found, Analyzed, and Bought an Ugly Purple Rental Property
- Brandon Bought a “Waldo” Rental Property…. But Should You?
- Allure Vinyl Plank Flooring
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Kellar
- Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Kellar
- All You Can Do is All You Can Do, but All You Can Do Is Enough by Art Williams
- Hamburger America by George Motz
“If a deal doesn’t at least meet the 1% rule – run away.” (Tweet This!)
“It may be cliche, but when buying real estate… location is everything.” (Tweet This!)
“The worse condition a property is in, the more I’ll love it!” (Tweet This!)
“The most successful people are those who failed the most.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Darren
Darren’s BiggerPockets Profile