Indy Area Investors - what would you pay for this quick flip?

Indy Area Investors - what would you pay for this quick flip?

Anderson, IN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote

I have a lead on a house I would like to wholesale but I don't know if there is enough room in the deal to make it worth it.  Its a two story 3/2.5, 2300sqft built in 2003 in a very desirable subdivision near Fishers right off of the highway.  Link below to the area.  It is a cookie cutter subdivision with a lot of comparables so I'm confident the house would sell in the $140k range.  It only needs cosmetic work done to get ready for sale - paint, carpet, etc.

My question: as a flipper what price range would make this worth it for you?  

http://www.zillow.com/homes/s-retreat-ln_rb/

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y

    @Chase Steven Barber For a light rehab, somewhere in the 60-65K range, but that would depend on the rehab...

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 474 posts · 214 votes
    9y

    I'm a buy and hold investor in Indy so I'm not your target audience. But if this was in Jax and your numbers are correct...let's say 10k rehab and confidently sell for 135k...I could easily do 95k. I only need about a 25-30k spread at this price point. I would have an inspection done since it's a minor rehab and the inspection would have to be pretty clean. 

  • Anderson, IN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Thanks guys! That was helpful to get some perspectives. I'm new to this, have done a couple mailings and calls are starting to come in. Learning to separate the wheat from the chaff. Looks like I won't be able to get this one for nearly cheap enough, moving on.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    9y

    Most investors use the 65% Rule for flips...

    65% of the ARV minus rehab = MOA [max allowable offer]

    With your numbers:

    $140k ARV x 65% = $91k - $10k rehab = $81k MAO

    How much will you sell it for?

  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi @Chase Steven Barber  have you tried using the BP Wholesale Calculator under Tools? I am new at Wholesaling as well and it does help with determining the max cash offer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.