I just closed on my first investment property

I just closed on my first investment property

Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 6 votes
I just closed on my first investment property. My story changed direction 1/4 of the way in. I saw this REO property on Zillow in December. It listed for $60k. It needs a lot of work. I negotiated a $47k purchase price. I figure it might need 80-100k in renovations. So, I'm a jeweler by profession. I soon realized that the property's location was a decent location where the town is starting to revitalize. I decided I will open my own jewelry store there. It has a casita in the back that I'm going to Air B and B. If I don't like that, I will just rent it. I still plan to purchase other investment property's in the future. I will use this property to take a home equity loan out on for further purchases. One last thing, I paid cash and the property taxes are $450 per year.
2Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Congratulations!  Sounds like a good long-term hold... Keep us posted with your success story! :-)

  • Princeton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Congratulations, best wishes

  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    9y

    Congrats on the deal

  • Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Congrats on the deal, wish you the best of luck in your profession as a jeweler and your success in real estate.

    Mathew Weissman

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.