Leaving my job to do real estate full time

Leaving my job to do real estate full time

Real Estate Agent · Owasso, OK · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 400 votes

I used to be more active on this site but the last couple years I have been swamped.  I finally could see the light at the end of the tunnel a couple months ago when I decided it was time to resign from the corporate life.  

Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge with me and helped me grow.  I am not very big....got 16th rental under contract recently....but I am big enough and busy enough now to make growing the business my full time job.  This is very much a possibility due to my wife who not only can provide benefits but a stable paycheck as we transition to a single income family.  My job is simply to make sure the business can support both of us sooner than later so we can both retire early and focus on more family time and doing what we want rather than what we have to.  

Thanks again for all those that have contributed their knowledge to me and helped me figure things out.  I will soon have more time to return the favor to others on the site.

3Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Northern, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chris Simmons:

    I used to be more active on this site but the last couple years I have been swamped.  I finally could see the light at the end of the tunnel a couple months ago when I decided it was time to resign from the corporate life.  

    Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge with me and helped me grow.  I am not very big....got 16th rental under contract recently....but I am big enough and busy enough now to make growing the business my full time job.  This is very much a possibility due to my wife who not only can provide benefits but a stable paycheck as we transition to a single income family.  My job is simply to make sure the business can support both of us sooner than later so we can both retire early and focus on more family time and doing what we want rather than what we have to.  

    Thanks again for all those that have contributed their knowledge to me and helped me figure things out.  I will soon have more time to return the favor to others on the site.

     Thanks. I plan to be there one day. Nothing beats doing what you love, than getting up and reporting to someone for the almighty dollar. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Having 16 rentals is quite a start. Keep grinding!

  • Philippi, WV · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    If you ever need financing contact me I can help

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.