Any advice on figuring out all the expenses on a property

Any advice on figuring out all the expenses on a property

New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 81 posts · 19 votes

As a rookie and never owned a home does anybody have advice on how I can do my analysis. I have no clue how I can figure out th taxes insurance water gas electric and all that when I'm doing my analysis

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 736 posts · 582 votes
    9y

    Are you looking for your own home or for a rental?

    Property Taxes can be found on the county assessor's website.  Zillow lists historic property taxes as well

    Insurance is going to depend on 1) the type of coverage; and 2) whether or not you own or rent.  There will be other factors including age of home, area, etc.  For an accurate estimate, call around to a couple of insurance agents.

    Not sure about the question on utilities - again...is this for your own home or a rental?  Usually on rentals, this is something the tenant covers.  If you're looking for your own home, call your local utility and ask what the average rate is for the size of home you're looking for.  Utilities are different in different areas.  Here in the West, water prices can vary from water district to water district.  Gas, Electric, Sewer, and Trash pickup also vary (some places offer trash collection, in others, you have to hire a trash removal company).  Many times, the city has references on their website about who to call and what the process is.

  • New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 81 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    I'm looking to house hack so would be a temporary residence for me @ed 

    @Account Closed

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.