Are you on track to accomplish your goals?

Are you on track to accomplish your goals?

Rental Property Investor · Hamilton, OH · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 30 votes

I debated posting this in "Success Stories" as I am only 20% of the way to my goal of $5,000 a month in cash flow by March 2021 (My 5-year goal that I established last March).  I decided to post here anyway since I typically come to this forum looking for motivation, aspiration, and to feed off of the success of others.  A lot of people I talk to have goals of having "a lot" of money, "decent" cash flow, retiring "early".  The common theme here is that they're not SMART! (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound)

Having SMART goals will give you a roadmap to where you want to be, provide instant feedback on progress, and allow you to measure and project your future to design the lifestyle of your choice.  I'm a visual person, so I built a simple, but powerful chart that I look at every day that shows my progress towards my goal.  I attached a picture below and if anyone is interested I will share the excel document with you to tailor it to your needs.  I wish you all success! Let me know your thoughts on this tracking tool.

5Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y

Congratulations @Tyler Wehrung, any step in the right directions deserves celebrating!  The road to success always has bumps, it's getting use to the bumps and keep pushing forward what's important!    This is a marathon, not a sprint, so keep up the good work and keep moving forward!    

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Congratulations @Tyler Wehrung, any step in the right directions deserves celebrating!  The road to success always has bumps, it's getting use to the bumps and keep pushing forward what's important!    This is a marathon, not a sprint, so keep up the good work and keep moving forward!    

  • New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    I like the visual. It lets you know at a glance if you are on track. Good job! Any updates? 

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    Hey @Tyler Wehrung nice meeting you last night! Love your graph, your 12 unit is gonna move you closer to your goal for sure!

  • Rental Property Investor · Hamilton, OH · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    @Grant Rothenburger, nice meeting you as well! Yes, I'm projecting 950 a month at close and over the next year as I increase rents, I should be closer to 1300 - Almost halfway!

    Thanks @Joshua Hilliard! I should be closing on the aforementioned property at the end of this month!

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Wehrung:

    @Grant Rothenburger, nice meeting you as well! Yes, I'm projecting 950 a month at close and over the next year as I increase rents, I should be closer to 1300 - Almost halfway!

    Thanks @Joshua Hilliard! I should be closing on the aforementioned property at the end of this month!

    That's $80/door at close and hoping to get up to $108/door? I don't know what you paid, but this seems kind of low/door.  Are you happy with the result and would you make this purchase if you had to do it again?

  • Rental Property Investor · Hamilton, OH · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    @Eric James, The only real criteria I look at is CoC return and ROI. I try to get 13% and 5 year ROI, and I'm projecting 15% CoC within the year (purchase info below). This will be my first commercial multifamily so maybe cash-flow per door is something I'll have to pay more attention to in the future.

    510K, 20% down @ 5.1% locked for 5 years amortized @ 20. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.