Jumping in to real estate was a well-calculated move. I live in San Jose, and this market is notorious for making people lose faith in their ability to purchase.
I bought my primary residence in May of 2017 - a brand new million dollar 3 story 2200 sq ft home and closed on a 500k vacation/rental in Lake Tahoe right before the new year.
The primary was financed with 10% down and the rental was financed with 20% down.
I strongly believe the the community I purchased my primary in has massive potential upside, and have been blown away by the prices i've seen my neighbors sell their properties for within just a year of owning.
I'm sharing this in the "success stories" section because I can't stand how discouraged people get, and I truly despise the mindset of "i'll just wait for the market to crash"
We need to find a way to make it work - no one will do it for us
We have been hearing that the market is going to crash for four years now; so, many investors agree that sitting on the sidelines for extended periods is very costly.
If you have strong market knowledge, buy in good locations, use prudent debt, and have reserves, buying (predictable) appreciation plays can be a very profitable strategy.
On a side note, buying property is not a success story...making a profit over the long-term is.
As far as I know @Nick Colvill, this is an real estate investment forum. Buying a primary residence in an appreciating area and having a rental house for friends and family in Tahoe doesn't equate to investing. Wanting to buy a multi in Seattle just for visiting purposes doesn't sound like an investment either. It sounds like you've got plenty of $....since you can buy multiple properties in 2 of the most expensive geographies in the world.
Buying a house in San Jose is an accomplishment in it's own right... but my initial thought, from an investment perspective, is you could have used that cash in other geographies getting you a higher return/dollar.- it seems like you're well traveled and that wouldn't scare you. ... I get the Bay Area is probably never going to collapse.... but Austin, Nashville, Raleigh, Atlanta--- all places guaranteed for similar if not better appreciation long term(yes, even the Bay Area has a ceiling)... while not having to spend $1,000,000 on a 4-2.
I do like the Tahoe house... when I lived in Sac I wish I'd of bought up there.... from a vacation rental perspective, you have Winter goers and Summer goers... shouldn't have any seasonal gaps.
The duplex in Seattle thing, go for it.... but at some point, don't you need some cashflow for the $$ you're investing in these expensive markets.... unless you're already wealthy... but if that's the case, why are you investing?
I find it interesting, as a new person in the real estate game, how incredibly defensive this forum is.
I never said I was a seasoned pro - I clearly discussed my starting dates and entry points
To see how many people come out of the woodworks to tell me that they don't think my first year in real estate (buying two properties for my family) was a success and that my preliminary plans are also no good - that I must not be privy to something for NOT investing in outside areas that have lower prices (despite me saying in these forums that my plans ARE to invest outside of my area) - its comical
I think the problem is that there are too many egos here who think that just because they have seen success doing their method, that their method is THE method
I'm here to learn, grow, be accountable (hence the posting) and transparent in my real estate decisions. Why are you guys here?
I'm on your side here man, and don't want you to fell sh*t on for not having fit some arbitrary standard of 'investment'.
BUT... I think this is the issue: Buying a home for yourself, anywhere really, is a great personal accomplishment. Buying a second home to vacation in or allow friends/family to use is even more impressive. So yes, those are personal accomplishments. Like getting your masters degree, or making partner at a firm, or any number of other personal accomplishments.
I think the beef some are having is these are not really 'real estate INVESTMENT/INVESTOR successes. So they're saying "Dude, come back when you're an actual investor and have something to share". And you're saying "Hey, what I did is a big accomplishment". You're right, it is. Just not the traditional RE income property portfolio accomplishment that people normally post about.
@Susan Maneck there is more inflation adjusted money spent per student and in average teachers salary then when Prop 13 passed. School failure has nothing to do with lack of funding. That’s Teacher union propaganda. But I’m done derailing this thread
Here are two houses of approximately the same sq ft, the Phoenix house was updated 2018 - The San Diego is from 1980 - which Tax Burden is Bigger??? Phoenix = $1,607 and San Diego = $7,584
Agreed. Houses in California cost more. That drives up ALL expenses related to real estate.
This is good motivation. Thank you for this. @Nick Colvill
Jumping in to real estate was a well-calculated move. I live in San Jose, and this market is notorious for making people lose faith in their ability to purchase.
I bought my primary residence in May of 2017 - a brand new million dollar 3 story 2200 sq ft home and closed on a 500k vacation/rental in Lake Tahoe right before the new year.
The primary was financed with 10% down and the rental was financed with 20% down.
I strongly believe the the community I purchased my primary in has massive potential upside, and have been blown away by the prices i've seen my neighbors sell their properties for within just a year of owning.
I'm sharing this in the "success stories" section because I can't stand how discouraged people get, and I truly despise the mindset of "i'll just wait for the market to crash"
We need to find a way to make it work - no one will do it for us
Are you liquid enough to put down 10% and 20% on multiple million dollar properties every year?
I would say no. By next year I plan to put up to 300k down on a multi family unit and finance the remaining 70-75%. That would constitute it as a million dollar property, but it will have been 2 years since my most recent purchase - so no, not EVERY year, but as a real estate professional with a high income w-2 spouse, the savings we get on depreciation the asset in terms of the the reduction in tax liability and subsequent check from the IRS puts our rate of savings at a decent pace
Speaking of learning and growing, I am VERY interested in hearing how you plan to "get a check" from the IRS using RE depreciation to offset your spouse's wages.
I was trying to figure out the same thing. You can't depreciate a vacation home on your taxes. Even if you rent it to friends for a few weekends, that not enough to meet IRS use guidelines. If you use it personally the greater of either 14 days or 10% of rental days, then it is a personal residence. If family uses it for anything less than fair market rent, that is also considered part of personal use. Guidelines are pretty specific, to prevent people from just writing off vacation homes:
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc415
I am also trying to figure out how he is a "real estate professional". His profile says he owns a mobile notary service supporting the mortgage industry. The IRS has ruled that those in the mortgage industry are not real estate professionals for tax purposes, so there is no way a notary business will meet the requirement. IRS ruling memo link:
Jumping in to real estate was a well-calculated move. I live in San Jose, and this market is notorious for making people lose faith in their ability to purchase.
I bought my primary residence in May of 2017 - a brand new million dollar 3 story 2200 sq ft home and closed on a 500k vacation/rental in Lake Tahoe right before the new year.
The primary was financed with 10% down and the rental was financed with 20% down.
I strongly believe the the community I purchased my primary in has massive potential upside, and have been blown away by the prices i've seen my neighbors sell their properties for within just a year of owning.
I'm sharing this in the "success stories" section because I can't stand how discouraged people get, and I truly despise the mindset of "i'll just wait for the market to crash"
We need to find a way to make it work - no one will do it for us
Are you liquid enough to put down 10% and 20% on multiple million dollar properties every year?
I would say no. By next year I plan to put up to 300k down on a multi family unit and finance the remaining 70-75%. That would constitute it as a million dollar property, but it will have been 2 years since my most recent purchase - so no, not EVERY year, but as a real estate professional with a high income w-2 spouse, the savings we get on depreciation the asset in terms of the the reduction in tax liability and subsequent check from the IRS puts our rate of savings at a decent pace
Speaking of learning and growing, I am VERY interested in hearing how you plan to "get a check" from the IRS using RE depreciation to offset your spouse's wages.
I was trying to figure out the same thing. You can't depreciate a vacation home on your taxes. Even if you rent it to friends for a few weekends, that not enough to meet IRS use guidelines. If you use it personally the greater of either 14 days or 10% of rental days, then it is a personal residence. If family uses it for anything less than fair market rent, that is also considered part of personal use. Guidelines are pretty specific, to prevent people from just writing off vacation homes:
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc415
I am also trying to figure out how he is a "real estate professional". His profile says he owns a mobile notary service supporting the mortgage industry. The IRS has ruled that those in the mortgage industry are not real estate professionals for tax purposes, so there is no way a notary business will meet the requirement. IRS ruling memo link:
The second article has no reference to notary, so why did you include that?
This thread has gotten lengthly, I appreciate all of the banter back and forth!
As far as I know @Nick Colvill, this is an real estate investment forum. Buying a primary residence in an appreciating area and having a rental house for friends and family in Tahoe doesn't equate to investing. Wanting to buy a multi in Seattle just for visiting purposes doesn't sound like an investment either. It sounds like you've got plenty of $....since you can buy multiple properties in 2 of the most expensive geographies in the world.
Buying a house in San Jose is an accomplishment in it's own right... but my initial thought, from an investment perspective, is you could have used that cash in other geographies getting you a higher return/dollar.- it seems like you're well traveled and that wouldn't scare you. ... I get the Bay Area is probably never going to collapse.... but Austin, Nashville, Raleigh, Atlanta--- all places guaranteed for similar if not better appreciation long term(yes, even the Bay Area has a ceiling)... while not having to spend $1,000,000 on a 4-2.
I do like the Tahoe house... when I lived in Sac I wish I'd of bought up there.... from a vacation rental perspective, you have Winter goers and Summer goers... shouldn't have any seasonal gaps.
The duplex in Seattle thing, go for it.... but at some point, don't you need some cashflow for the $$ you're investing in these expensive markets.... unless you're already wealthy... but if that's the case, why are you investing?
I find it interesting, as a new person in the real estate game, how incredibly defensive this forum is.
I never said I was a seasoned pro - I clearly discussed my starting dates and entry points
To see how many people come out of the woodworks to tell me that they don't think my first year in real estate (buying two properties for my family) was a success and that my preliminary plans are also no good - that I must not be privy to something for NOT investing in outside areas that have lower prices (despite me saying in these forums that my plans ARE to invest outside of my area) - its comical
I think the problem is that there are too many egos here who think that just because they have seen success doing their method, that their method is THE method
I'm here to learn, grow, be accountable (hence the posting) and transparent in my real estate decisions. Why are you guys here?
I'm on your side here man, and don't want you to fell sh*t on for not having fit some arbitrary standard of 'investment'.
BUT... I think this is the issue: Buying a home for yourself, anywhere really, is a great personal accomplishment. Buying a second home to vacation in or allow friends/family to use is even more impressive. So yes, those are personal accomplishments. Like getting your masters degree, or making partner at a firm, or any number of other personal accomplishments.
I think the beef some are having is these are not really 'real estate INVESTMENT/INVESTOR successes. So they're saying "Dude, come back when you're an actual investor and have something to share". And you're saying "Hey, what I did is a big accomplishment". You're right, it is. Just not the traditional RE income property portfolio accomplishment that people normally post about.
I totally get what you're saying and appreciate the sentiment. I assumed (my fault, as they say never assume because it makes an *** out of U and ME) that this entire site promoted the creative and different approaches that we all take the real estate as opposed to trying to lump my story (again, i'm just starting out so it's not a very long one) in to a predefined category of what IS and ISN'T a success or considered real estate investing to begin with.
I invested in my first two properties (which I would personally consider an act of investing in real estate) and have taking a massive interest in continuing further down this path. I'm looking forward to everything these forums will have to offer in terms of knowledge and experience, and don't mind dealing with the hot shots and know-it-alls
Jumping in to real estate was a well-calculated move. I live in San Jose, and this market is notorious for making people lose faith in their ability to purchase.
I bought my primary residence in May of 2017 - a brand new million dollar 3 story 2200 sq ft home and closed on a 500k vacation/rental in Lake Tahoe right before the new year.
The primary was financed with 10% down and the rental was financed with 20% down.
I strongly believe the the community I purchased my primary in has massive potential upside, and have been blown away by the prices i've seen my neighbors sell their properties for within just a year of owning.
I'm sharing this in the "success stories" section because I can't stand how discouraged people get, and I truly despise the mindset of "i'll just wait for the market to crash"
We need to find a way to make it work - no one will do it for us
Are you liquid enough to put down 10% and 20% on multiple million dollar properties every year?
I would say no. By next year I plan to put up to 300k down on a multi family unit and finance the remaining 70-75%. That would constitute it as a million dollar property, but it will have been 2 years since my most recent purchase - so no, not EVERY year, but as a real estate professional with a high income w-2 spouse, the savings we get on depreciation the asset in terms of the the reduction in tax liability and subsequent check from the IRS puts our rate of savings at a decent pace
Speaking of learning and growing, I am VERY interested in hearing how you plan to "get a check" from the IRS using RE depreciation to offset your spouse's wages.
I was trying to figure out the same thing. You can't depreciate a vacation home on your taxes. Even if you rent it to friends for a few weekends, that not enough to meet IRS use guidelines. If you use it personally the greater of either 14 days or 10% of rental days, then it is a personal residence. If family uses it for anything less than fair market rent, that is also considered part of personal use. Guidelines are pretty specific, to prevent people from just writing off vacation homes:
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc415
I am also trying to figure out how he is a "real estate professional". His profile says he owns a mobile notary service supporting the mortgage industry. The IRS has ruled that those in the mortgage industry are not real estate professionals for tax purposes, so there is no way a notary business will meet the requirement. IRS ruling memo link:
The second article has no reference to notary, so why did you include that?
This thread has gotten lengthly, I appreciate all of the banter back and forth!
It is explained pretty well how they came to the decision. A mortgage broker is in the lending business. It is applicable because it is a similar support function to real estate. A notary would be in the document signing business. I have not seen a specific judgement on notary, but the statute lists 11 types of real property trades or businesses: real property development, redevelopment, construction, reconstruction, acquisition, conversion, rental, operation, management, leasing, or brokerage.
This thread has been an education in how to alienate a bunch of knowledgeable and experienced people who could be helpful.
I've had a very busy day, as I do every day, and I think now I'm going to bow out and make myself some guacamole.
ps---Helpful hint: adding a hard-boiled egg really improves the taste and texture.
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
==> 1200 units in 10 years without any outside investor
That is an amazing accomplishment. Is that all big apartment buildings?
Wish I had a time machine, and all it has to do is go back to 2008.
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
I was responding to what you were saying to those that posted before me. When one (experienced investor) started mentioning why he wouldn’t invest in that area (which is criticism). You started saying how he is pessimistic, and I came in telling you the reason why many investors would not want to invest in that area.
Then when others chimes in trying to tell you just banking on appreciation is not a good idea, you got defensive. After that, I showed you graphs and showed you results. without knowing how to trade options, stocks, or how the PDT rule work (day trading rule), you didn’t view me as a stock investor due to the fact that my trading account only had 2k when those 2k makes me more money than any other investment vehicles (read up on options trading since 2k leveraged actually is worth around 100-200k depending on stocks). And just for the record, I make 4K in just my stock investments a month. And about to start up my personal investment firm for real estate.
Investors have multiple accounts for asset protection, so most of the time investors on here propbably has 3-4 accounts in 2-5 different investment sectors.
Hopefully you can see why people are viewing you as a “bad guy” and reason why they are “bagging” on your success. Investment is not black and white; burning bridges as someone new to the investment world will hamper your ability to expand.
@Susan Maneck there is more inflation adjusted money spent per student and in average teachers salary then when Prop 13 passed. School failure has nothing to do with lack of funding. That’s Teacher union propaganda. But I’m done derailing this thread
School funding in California is one of the lowest in the nation right now. Before 1978, before Prop 13, statewide the schools had a $9 billion budget. After Prop 13 they lost $3 billion – a third of that – overnight. I don't belong to a teacher's union but I am an educator. But the way this discussion started was over the question of whether property taxes in California would get too high. No, not likely but property values are.
Agreed. Houses in California cost more. That drives up ALL expenses related to real estate.
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
I was responding to what you were saying to those that posted before me. When one (experienced investor) started mentioning why he wouldn’t invest in that area (which is criticism). You started saying how he is pessimistic, and I came in telling you the reason why many investors would not want to invest in that area.
Then when others chimes in trying to tell you just banking on appreciation is not a good idea, you got defensive. After that, I showed you graphs and showed you results. without knowing how to trade options, stocks, or how the PDT rule work (day trading rule), you didn’t view me as a stock investor due to the fact that my trading account only had 2k when those 2k makes me more money than any other investment vehicles (read up on options trading since 2k leveraged actually is worth around 100-200k depending on stocks). And just for the record, I make 4K in just my stock investments a month. And about to start up my personal investment firm for real estate.
Investors have multiple accounts for asset protection, so most of the time investors on here propbably has 3-4 accounts in 2-5 different investment sectors.
Hopefully you can see why people are viewing you as a “bad guy” and reason why they are “bagging” on your success. Investment is not black and white; burning bridges as someone new to the investment world will hamper your ability to expand.
You seem to love talking about all of the ways you are amazing at what you do.
You should also write a book about how you make 4k a month on 2k in Robinhood - I would buy it
As you have seen in this thread, there a many strategies to take advantage of when dealing with properties in a high appreciation area like mine. Also, note how the majority of you people who are negative or pessimistic about it don't live in areas like mine, have had little to no experience investing in areas like mine, so forth. On the other hand, we have had some good comments about good strategies to use in areas like mine from people who DO live or invest in these types of areas.
So maybe you should look in the mirror and realize that there are many ways to make money investing in real estate - and just because you don't like one method doesn't mean it can't work
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
I was responding to what you were saying to those that posted before me. When one (experienced investor) started mentioning why he wouldn’t invest in that area (which is criticism). You started saying how he is pessimistic, and I came in telling you the reason why many investors would not want to invest in that area.
Then when others chimes in trying to tell you just banking on appreciation is not a good idea, you got defensive. After that, I showed you graphs and showed you results. without knowing how to trade options, stocks, or how the PDT rule work (day trading rule), you didn’t view me as a stock investor due to the fact that my trading account only had 2k when those 2k makes me more money than any other investment vehicles (read up on options trading since 2k leveraged actually is worth around 100-200k depending on stocks). And just for the record, I make 4K in just my stock investments a month. And about to start up my personal investment firm for real estate.
Investors have multiple accounts for asset protection, so most of the time investors on here propbably has 3-4 accounts in 2-5 different investment sectors.
Hopefully you can see why people are viewing you as a “bad guy” and reason why they are “bagging” on your success. Investment is not black and white; burning bridges as someone new to the investment world will hamper your ability to expand.
You seem to love talking about all of the ways you are amazing at what you do.
You should also write a book about how you make 4k a month on 2k in Robinhood - I would buy it
As you have seen in this thread, there a many strategies to take advantage of when dealing with properties in a high appreciation area like mine. Also, note how the majority of you people who are negative or pessimistic about it don't live in areas like mine, have had little to no experience investing in areas like mine, so forth. On the other hand, we have had some good comments about good strategies to use in areas like mine from people who DO live or invest in these types of areas.
So maybe you should look in the mirror and realize that there are many ways to make money investing in real estate - and just because you don't like one method doesn't mean it can't work
Lmao. Alright I’m done trying to help you. The only reason why I mentioned my “success” is cause I was trying to show you results since I figured that was the only way you would listen to people since you didn’t want to listen to myself or anyone else. If you notice majority of experienced people on here were trying to help you. Even people near your market... but two or three people that are in the same boat as you backed you up compared to 6+ other investors doesn’t fit your logic, that’s fine.
You probably didn’t even read my comment or you are the type to only see things that you like, but I’ll say it one more time people have different accounts. That Robinhood account roughly makes 1-1.5 k a month which is my active trading. I have passive investment accounts... also, that screen shot even shows $700 gain in less than a full day, but I guess you have narrow vision as well.
Good Luck though. Really do wish you succeed. Sucks seeing new investors waste money.
@Susan Maneck there is more inflation adjusted money spent per student and in average teachers salary then when Prop 13 passed. School failure has nothing to do with lack of funding. That’s Teacher union propaganda. But I’m done derailing this thread
School funding in California is one of the lowest in the nation right now. Before 1978, before Prop 13, statewide the schools had a $9 billion budget. After Prop 13 they lost $3 billion – a third of that – overnight. I don't belong to a teacher's union but I am an educator. But the way this discussion started was over the question of whether property taxes in California would get too high. No, not likely but property values are.
With the education system, it isn't about the money. People are not happy with the results for all the money they are spending. It is an administrator problem. Too many administrators and too much emphasis on "social issues". When the schools get back to teaching the basics instead of indoctrinating the students, there will be plenty of money and support from the community.
With the education system, it isn't about the money. People are not happy with the results for all the money they are spending. It is an administrator problem. Too many administrators and too much emphasis on "social issues". Whee n the schools get back to teaching the basics instead of indoctrinating the students, there will be plenty of money and support from the community.
I would agree with you that educational institutions are too top heavy. That is certainly true of the university where I teach, but as for teaching the basics, the worst classroom I've ever been in was a 'back to basics' classroom in California. The bullying in that classroom was really awful and the teacher sided with the bullies, not the victim. If that is what avoiding 'social issues' means, I would have taken my son out of school first.
==> 1200 units in 10 years without any outside investor
That is an amazing accomplishment. Is that all big apartment buildings?
Wish I had a time machine, and all it has to do is go back to 2008.
You want to go to 2008 when there was no bank lending and no investors begging to have their money put to work? How would you buy those deals?
Lots of deals out there in 2008 if you were sitting on a ton of cash. The only way I got any deals done is by scratching and clawing and being creative with seller financing and wraps and whatever else I could come up with.
While there are not as many deals today at least when I find something I know I can get it financed. But so can everyone else. Which drives up prices and drives down CAP
Remember all time periods have their pros/cons. Just gotta make the best out of what the market is presenting at any time.
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
I was responding to what you were saying to those that posted before me. When one (experienced investor) started mentioning why he wouldn’t invest in that area (which is criticism). You started saying how he is pessimistic, and I came in telling you the reason why many investors would not want to invest in that area.
Then when others chimes in trying to tell you just banking on appreciation is not a good idea, you got defensive. After that, I showed you graphs and showed you results. without knowing how to trade options, stocks, or how the PDT rule work (day trading rule), you didn’t view me as a stock investor due to the fact that my trading account only had 2k when those 2k makes me more money than any other investment vehicles (read up on options trading since 2k leveraged actually is worth around 100-200k depending on stocks). And just for the record, I make 4K in just my stock investments a month. And about to start up my personal investment firm for real estate.
Investors have multiple accounts for asset protection, so most of the time investors on here propbably has 3-4 accounts in 2-5 different investment sectors.
Hopefully you can see why people are viewing you as a “bad guy” and reason why they are “bagging” on your success. Investment is not black and white; burning bridges as someone new to the investment world will hamper your ability to expand.
You seem to love talking about all of the ways you are amazing at what you do.
You should also write a book about how you make 4k a month on 2k in Robinhood - I would buy it
As you have seen in this thread, there a many strategies to take advantage of when dealing with properties in a high appreciation area like mine. Also, note how the majority of you people who are negative or pessimistic about it don't live in areas like mine, have had little to no experience investing in areas like mine, so forth. On the other hand, we have had some good comments about good strategies to use in areas like mine from people who DO live or invest in these types of areas.
So maybe you should look in the mirror and realize that there are many ways to make money investing in real estate - and just because you don't like one method doesn't mean it can't work
Lmao. Alright I’m done trying to help you. The only reason why I mentioned my “success” is cause I was trying to show you results since I figured that was the only way you would listen to people since you didn’t want to listen to myself or anyone else. If you notice majority of experienced people on here were trying to help you. Even people near your market... but two or three people that are in the same boat as you backed you up compared to 6+ other investors doesn’t fit your logic, that’s fine.
You probably didn’t even read my comment or you are the type to only see things that you like, but I’ll say it one more time people have different accounts. That Robinhood account roughly makes 1-1.5 k a month which is my active trading. I have passive investment accounts... also, that screen shot even shows $700 gain in less than a full day, but I guess you have narrow vision as well.
Good Luck though. Really do wish you succeed. Sucks seeing new investors waste money.
$700 in one day is not bad at all. I don’t think that’s consistent. I think you keep that screen shot handy to wave around when you need to remind yourself how good you think you are. I’d love to see some screenshots of your last open and closest positions on robinhood (should be easy, just look in the history section and it’ll show you). Maybe you’re lifetime balance snap shot. But I know you won’t post those. Because they wouldn’t support your figures you brag about. But feel free to prove me wrong and I’ll gladly admit that you’re on to something. In fact, I’d even pay you for advice on how to generate 1-1.5k cash flow consistently per month with 2k balance in robinhood.
It’s not an us vs them battle here for which real estate investors have the best strategies. What I’m doing is not “wrong” in any sense of the word. I was born and raised in this type of real estate environment (high apprection). Why in the world WOULDNT I invest in my area for my primary?
With the education system, it isn't about the money. People are not happy with the results for all the money they are spending. It is an administrator problem. Too many administrators and too much emphasis on "social issues". Whee n the schools get back to teaching the basics instead of indoctrinating the students, there will be plenty of money and support from the community.
I would agree with you that educational institutions are too top heavy. That is certainly true of the university where I teach, but as for teaching the basics, the worst classroom I've ever been in was a 'back to basics' classroom in California. The bullying in that classroom was really awful and the teacher sided with the bullies, not the victim. If that is what avoiding 'social issues' means, I would have taken my son out of school first.
I don't understand your reference. That isn't at all what I said. If there was bullying and the teacher sided with the bullies, then the teacher needs to be fired. Oh wait, public school teachers can't be fired. That is part of the problem.
I had three goals for my kids 1) That they learn readin', writin' & 'rithmatic 2) That they can live successfully on their own when they grow up 3) That they show compassion to those who are less fortunate. The public schools didn't offer any of those criteria in Seattle (and now it is even worse I'm told). So, we sent the kids to a Private Christian school where they were educated, taught respect, got into one of the top Universities in the country because they were prepared, love people and offer their time to those in need. We ended up paying property taxes on all of our properties and still had to pay private tuition to get a decent education for the kids. Where is the justice in that?
lol. Can’t believe this thread is still going.
Just let him be. He doesn’t take suggestion/criticism well. Plenty of people tried to help him out and give pointer and he shoots them down.
How do you feel I shot you down?
You came on to this thread and immediately turned it in to your opinion on when the real estate market is going to see a downturn
Hard to see how that makes me the bad guy
I was responding to what you were saying to those that posted before me. When one (experienced investor) started mentioning why he wouldn’t invest in that area (which is criticism). You started saying how he is pessimistic, and I came in telling you the reason why many investors would not want to invest in that area.
Then when others chimes in trying to tell you just banking on appreciation is not a good idea, you got defensive. After that, I showed you graphs and showed you results. without knowing how to trade options, stocks, or how the PDT rule work (day trading rule), you didn’t view me as a stock investor due to the fact that my trading account only had 2k when those 2k makes me more money than any other investment vehicles (read up on options trading since 2k leveraged actually is worth around 100-200k depending on stocks). And just for the record, I make 4K in just my stock investments a month. And about to start up my personal investment firm for real estate.
Investors have multiple accounts for asset protection, so most of the time investors on here propbably has 3-4 accounts in 2-5 different investment sectors.
Hopefully you can see why people are viewing you as a “bad guy” and reason why they are “bagging” on your success. Investment is not black and white; burning bridges as someone new to the investment world will hamper your ability to expand.
You seem to love talking about all of the ways you are amazing at what you do.
You should also write a book about how you make 4k a month on 2k in Robinhood - I would buy it
As you have seen in this thread, there a many strategies to take advantage of when dealing with properties in a high appreciation area like mine. Also, note how the majority of you people who are negative or pessimistic about it don't live in areas like mine, have had little to no experience investing in areas like mine, so forth. On the other hand, we have had some good comments about good strategies to use in areas like mine from people who DO live or invest in these types of areas.
So maybe you should look in the mirror and realize that there are many ways to make money investing in real estate - and just because you don't like one method doesn't mean it can't work
Lmao. Alright I’m done trying to help you. The only reason why I mentioned my “success” is cause I was trying to show you results since I figured that was the only way you would listen to people since you didn’t want to listen to myself or anyone else. If you notice majority of experienced people on here were trying to help you. Even people near your market... but two or three people that are in the same boat as you backed you up compared to 6+ other investors doesn’t fit your logic, that’s fine.
You probably didn’t even read my comment or you are the type to only see things that you like, but I’ll say it one more time people have different accounts. That Robinhood account roughly makes 1-1.5 k a month which is my active trading. I have passive investment accounts... also, that screen shot even shows $700 gain in less than a full day, but I guess you have narrow vision as well.
Good Luck though. Really do wish you succeed. Sucks seeing new investors waste money.
$700 in one day is not bad at all. I don’t think that’s consistent. I think you keep that screen shot handy to wave around when you need to remind yourself how good you think you are. I’d love to see some screenshots of your last open and closest positions on robinhood (should be easy, just look in the history section and it’ll show you). Maybe you’re lifetime balance snap shot. But I know you won’t post those. Because they wouldn’t support your figures you brag about. But feel free to prove me wrong and I’ll gladly admit that you’re on to something. In fact, I’d even pay you for advice on how to generate 1-1.5k cash flow consistently per month with 2k balance in robinhood.
It’s not an us vs them battle here for which real estate investors have the best strategies. What I’m doing is not “wrong” in any sense of the word. I was born and raised in this type of real estate environment (high apprection). Why in the world WOULDNT I invest in my area for my primary?
Lol...Don't even know why I am playing along...
I already admitted in taking a screenshot of that profit due to it being one of my highest trade... If you go back to my post, I told you I average about 20-25% a trade as a swing trader (I am guessing you don't know what that is since you were bringing up the PDT rule). It's options stock trading; look it up. That's a pretty common profit margin. Here I'll throw you a bone: I edited it and just showed percentage since it seems like the small cash amount doesn't excite you. Also, it was brought to my attention that I shouldn't be posting these kind of stuff in a public RE forums so this will be my last one.
Pretty sure you can do the math.
And you are right, it is hard to keep this up and you can see the spikes and downs which is why I have multiple accounts and different source income.
To be fair, options trading is one of the riskiest strategies (from capital perspective) out there (basically gambling on timing and outcome). OP's appreciation strategy pales in comparison, imho. On the other hand, I wish I didn't close my snapchat puts so soon lol