Do you show your spreadsheets to your real estate agent?

Do you show your spreadsheets to your real estate agent?

Queens NY · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 8 votes
Especially if it's a bad deal. Do you show them the spreadsheet showing that it won't be beneficial to you? Not sure if it's a disrespectful thing considering I want to continue getting listings in the area. I'd say it's more damaging if you show a pro spreadsheet to them that puts more money in your pocket. They are representing the client who wants to sell the house after all, right?
0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Michael Stanley Nino These days, in most major markets, if you're buying off MLS, the realtor will not care about your spreadsheet as they will be able to sell the property (as long as it's reasonably prices relative to comps).

Nonetheless, you should always provide intelligent and thorough feedback to your realtor/broker. It will help you develop credibility, ensures you are take more seriously while helping the realtor develop a better understanding of what you're looking for (while helping you understand the realtor). 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 152 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    Not sure I understand the gist of the question.  Is your agent also representing the seller?  

    As far as getting listings, most agents have that as automated feeds nowadays.  I get emails daily of new properties listed that meet my criteria.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Only if you want to share data. Frankly, realtor wants you to compensate him fairly and listed at market price correctly.  


  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Michael Stanley Nino These days, in most major markets, if you're buying off MLS, the realtor will not care about your spreadsheet as they will be able to sell the property (as long as it's reasonably prices relative to comps).

    Nonetheless, you should always provide intelligent and thorough feedback to your realtor/broker. It will help you develop credibility, ensures you are take more seriously while helping the realtor develop a better understanding of what you're looking for (while helping you understand the realtor). 

  • Queens NY · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    8y
    @Omar Khan Thanks Mr. Khan! Noted. I was given a bad deal by a real estate agent and wanted to Express my disinterest through a spreadsheet. They did provide good service though.
  • Queens NY · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    8y
    @Sam Shueh I will make it known what is best for me for a real estate agent if I have the obligation to do so.
  • Real Estate Broker · Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    If it's a bad deal and your agent keeps pressing you to buy or sell the property.  I think you show them the spreadsheet or explain to them its a bad deal and you are not interested.  This way your agent will know your point and you can both be on the same page.  When I represent my investor clients.  I think open communication is best.  I give them my honest professional advice and they give me theirs.  I see us as a team and I help them achieve the goals they set forth.  

    Now if you are buying a deal.  I would not show the other agent the spreadsheet.  What I would do is break down the cost associated with buying and rehabbing the house if that's what you are doing.  I will also stress the time factor.  How much time and energy you will have to exert to rehab their house.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.