Help me analyze this deal from Rental Property Calculator

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 124 posts · 53 votes
    7y
    @Bill McCann it seems ok. I think your holding cost are going to be higher then you are allowing yourself. Best of luck FYI you need to take off address when you request people to analyze. If not you are setting yourself up to loose the deal to someone greedy
  • Bill McCannPro Member
    OP
    Waynesboro, PA · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Shmuel Waldman Thanks for your input and suggestion.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charleston County, SC · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    I think the expense figures are too low - why only 3% for property management? Vacancy should be 5% at a minimum since its a multifamily and capex and repairs and maintanence are very low. 

  • Bill McCannPro Member
    OP
    Waynesboro, PA · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Steven Nicastro. I appreciate you input.

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland OR · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Think your expenses are light - you might try running it again with 50% expenses and see what you come up with.  

  • Bill McCannPro Member
    OP
    Waynesboro, PA · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Mary Mitchell. I will do that.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    Yes agreed all your expenses are half what they should be . However don’t let that scare you .this is still a deal ,the cashflow  is there . It looks like a nice place and I think I would pull the trigger on it if it were me 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.