Fayetteville, NC Single Family #6

Fayetteville, NC Single Family #6

Rental Property Investor · Southern Pines, NC · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 14 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Fayetteville.

Purchase price: $25,000
Cash invested: $42,000

Single Family home, 3 bed 1.5 bath (will be adding 2nd bathroom before I sell)

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Single family home for great price and limited rehab expenses. I knew the neighborhood and knew I was getting a great price.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Off market. This house is located directly behind the house that I am currently living in. Looked up tax records and discovered owners name. Couldn't find their updated address to mail them, so looked them up on Facebook. Got a message and had it under contract in just a few days.

How did you finance this deal?

Private money investor.

How did you add value to the deal?

Finding the deal. When I contacted the owner I discovered they were a Realtor, so I took the approach that I would list or buy their home and give them a referral fee. My cash investors have done deals with me before and felt comfortable to lend me money without questioning.

What was the outcome?

Closed in less then 30 days.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Be persistent. I was nervous contacting them on Facebook because I had tried a few months before and got no answer. The second time I reached out, I sent both the husband and wife a message and got a response within minutes. Also know your neighborhood that you live in, your next investment could be in your own back yard :)

3Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Reggie RamseyPro Member
    Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    congrats, can you share the details of your private money loan? How many points? Interest rate? Etc

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Great job, Brett. Thanks for sharing your investment info. 

    How is the Fayetteville for long term rentals ? I like the area very much and the numbers make sense, too. Would you recommend a buy and hold over there ?

  • Investor · Northern Virginia · Member since 2017 · 159 posts · 59 votes
    7y

    Great job, congrats!

  • Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    Great report Brett!  What neighborhood was the purchase?  Are you planning to rent or flip?

    Thanks again, Dean

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.