My first deal was a 2 flat apartment buildng

My first deal was a 2 flat apartment buildng

Chicago IL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment in Chicago.

2 flat apartment building newly remodeled. First floor apartment is a 4 bedroom duplex with 2 full baths, stainless steel appliances & granite counter tops. The second floor unit has 4 bedrooms 1 bath stainless steel appliances & granite counter tops .

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Its a nice remodeled apartment building in a up and coming area.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found it on the MLS. I didn't negotiate it. My realtor didn't want to negotiate it.

How did you finance this deal?

FHA

What was the outcome?

It going ok.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I didn't thoroughly inspect the building nor did I talk to the tenants and ask them questions before I purchased it. I found a lot of secrets about the building after I bought it.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

No

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I can tell you are from Chicago.  The rest of the country mostly doesn't call these buildings 2 flats.  They are duplexes.  Curious what area you invested in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.