First Rental Closed - Greer, South Carolina (Roofstock)

First Rental Closed - Greer, South Carolina (Roofstock)

Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 16 votes

Hi,

I just finished my first purchase of a rental property. The property is in Greer, South Carolina, between Spartanburg and Greenville. Bought it with cash for $66k, and ARV is around $100k. Expecting to put in about 10k to rehab and then cash refinance. See if this BRRRR thing is all it is advertised.

Experience with Roofstock was ok.  I have had trouble getting documents from the seller through the intermediary, but the transaction itself was pretty smooth.  They (Roofstock) does the inspection, so you have to have some trust that they are reporting all that is wrong with the property.  Now that I own it, I am having my own inspection done, and I will report back if there are any major discrepancies.

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
7y

Congrats Denzil!

I live in Greer, let me know if I can be of any help.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    Congrats Denzil!

    I live in Greer, let me know if I can be of any help.

  • Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 16 votes
    7y
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    7y

    @Denzil Dwelle  congrats on the purchase. Glad to hear rootstock did well. If John is busy I could also help out if needed. In the Greer area often. Good luck. 

  • Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    @John Hovanec  Thanks!  I might end up needing some opinions on how much fixin up to do to the place.

  • Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Hi @John Hovanec and @John Underwood  Can you PM me any GC's in the area you trust?  I have a bunch of work I need to get done on the home.  Thanks!

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Denzil Dwelle:

    Hi @John Hovanec and @John Underwood  Can you PM me any GC's in the area you trust?  I have a bunch of work I need to get done on the home.  Thanks!

     I am trying to find some as well and don't have any I could share at this time.

  • Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    @John Underwood  I will let you know if I find one.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.