@Aaron Signer Based on the amount of the down payment, I'm guessing you are going to be living in half of the duplex. Is the $2K in rent for the other half or both? If it is for the other half only, it is a pretty good deal. You can't expect it to cash flow if you are living in one of the two units. On the other hand, if the $2K includes what you'd expect to get for rent after you move out, then the numbers aren't as good. Are property taxes really $6500 per year?
That is the current estimate for this tax year. Last year was $6100.
Yeah, I was going to be living in one half of it and the $2K was with both sides rented. The current tenants are month to month paying $850 and $900 respectively. I am currently paying $1650 for a 3 bedroom/2 bath house a few blacks away.