Developer · San Jose, CA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Investment Info:
Single-family residence fix & flip investment in San Jose.
Purchase price: $640,000 Cash invested: $875,000 Sale price: $1,792,000
New Construction Project Purchased, Built and sold for a profit by my company, DMJ Home Solutions, LLC
This project was sold pre-completion and off market for over asking price
What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?
Old town willow glen was an up and coming area of willow glen that had not yet seen the crazy spikes of high priced homes
This purchase opportunity was further enticing because it was available with approved plans from another developer.
How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?
I was searching Zillow for FSBO
How did you finance this deal?
Hard Money Lender in 1st lien and private money lenders in 2nd lien
SFR Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 26 posts · 16 votes
7y
David, what street was this on? What do you think of the area east of Bird, closer to Almaden and Vine? I’ve been watching that for many years waiting to see if it starts to transition as housing prices keep going up.
Developer · San Jose, CA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
7y
Hi Joyce, this was on Hull ave, the last street that keeps you in the willow glen neighborhood/willow glen school districts. This sale definitely pushed the envelope for price point in that area. When I purchased originally the appraiser had a hard time giving an ARV of 1.35 million, but I knew people were going to continue getting pushed out of the inner more prestigious (and more expensive) willow glen streets and would ultimately push this area of willow glen up in value.
I have completed a couple of new builds in this exact area and in surrounding areas as well, and while I do think there are good profit margins to be made and a lower entry price to get you there, it ultimately depends on what your exit strategy would be. Can you tell me a little bit more about what investment strategy or strategies you have been looking to implement?