Rental Property Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 4 votes
Looking to buy another multi unit. It cash flows well 12% about. I need to put down 25% for this. So far I haven't had much luck doing any BRRRR properties so most of my properties I work hard and save the money to put down. I'm slightly concerned that if I use up a lot of my reserves I won't have anything in case a correction/recession comes or a potential BRRRR. Thoughts?
Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 869 posts · 921 votes
7y
Like many have said 50/50 chance of it happening soon no one can pin point exactly when it's gonna happen could be years from now, could be next month.
I keep hearing that the farmers in the Midwest are having a very difficult year between floods and China not buying wheat and soy beans. I believe that there was big bailouts already for that from USDA. No farmers no food.
Also didn't gold go over 1500oz the other day? When people are nervous they start buying gold. I know a gold guy who was telling me the other day that he actually made more money than ever in 2007-10.
There's definitely uncertainties when it comes to the economy, but if you get a good deal on a positive cashflowing property and dont over extend yourself you'll be fine. All the companies that failed in the last major crash all had very high leverage and a lot of people who foreclosed were also over extended.
Real Estate Agent · Owatonna, MN · Member since 2017 · 221 posts · 152 votes
7y
@David Van I don't think it's as close as people think, but there's definitely some uncertainty due to the trade war with China. As for now, unemployment is still very low and corporations are doing well. Tough to judge when things will change.
Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y
As some said a recession is always looming. There are some leading indicators that suggest one is coming in next 12 months or so. I forget which ones exactly but perhaps a 70-80% chance here. Basically the indicators are looking like previous recessions lead ups on a chart.
Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 21 votes
7y
We are already in the recession. Every recession is started by a different catalyst. They all are gradual and slow and then suddenly...boom. The last one was real estate or the lending really. Stop looking to the real estate market for your answers on whether or not there will be a real estate crash. If people told you the last one was coming before it arrived, you would have skoffed at them the way Congress skoffed at them. We are embarking on a global financial reset, the question is not whether or not it is coming, it is how long can the central banks and governments can keep the fake economy propped up.