Single Family Investment Property in DFW

Single Family Investment Property in DFW

Accountant · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 63 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Irving.

Purchase price: $206,500
Cash invested: $48,000

This purchase is a normal 20% down investment property located in Irving, TX.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I noticed this home had gone under contract twice and I was intrigued to figure out how I can work with both the home and the seller and get this deal under the listing price.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this on the MLS, it was listed for $225k but it needed a roof replacement, had gone under contract twice and both buyers backed out due to this issue, but I negotiated with the seller offered $195k and I am responsible for roof. Ended up getting the home for $206k after closing cost.

How did you finance this deal?

I did a normal 20% down investment loan.

How did you add value to the deal?

NA

What was the outcome?

I am cash flowing $400/month

Lessons learned? Challenges?

NA

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

NA

1Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Does the $48k you are into it for include the roof?
    Would the seller have come down any with a cash offer?
    Did you look at the numbers to do HML and refinance out of it after doing rehab?

    Hope it's doing well!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.