Huntsville BRRRR with 0% owner financing

Huntsville BRRRR with 0% owner financing

Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 33 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Huntsville.

Purchase price: $100,000
Cash invested: $46,000

Off market, 2 Single Family Homes (3/3 & 2/1) package deal. Located in the path of progress in SE Huntsville where a great number of developments are underway, revitalizing the area.

Rehab was small ($20k for both properties) and only took 3 weeks. Homes appraised for total of $145k.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Properties were updated with high quality material because the previous Lease to Own individual couldn't obtain financing and had to vacate the properties. This made the rehab was less intensive compared to my other projects. Also, these are in a great location and in the path of progress.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

There was another buyer who offered $10k less than asking. I agreed to the sellers asking price with an agreement that I put down 20% and pay the remaining balance in 5 months with no interest.

How did you finance this deal?

Used LoC to fund the down payment and renovation. Owner financed the remaining for 5 months. Will refinance in month 3-4 to pay off loan and LoC.

How did you add value to the deal?

Location was/is great as there are developments in the immediate area. Location is central to main highway, big box stores, and development of giant mix use development in 2020.

What was the outcome?

Renovation completed on time (3 weeks). Both units are currently rented for $1800 combined. Will refinance in a few months to pay off debt owed. Cash flow will be $500 after debt service, giving us a CoC ROI of 70%

Lessons learned? Challenges?

After completing a few deals. I learned that due to action and building a reputation, key players are willing and able to work with you, ensuring that the process

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

SVN realty (Paul McDonald) presented and negotiated this deal. He knew I was able to close and I was the first person he called cause I would be able to close quickly. Iberia Bank (Kristen Strickland) provided me the vote of confidence that I will be able to get a mortgage on this deal. We have completed deals in the past, so I am a returning customer with a track record.

2Reply
20 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Samuel Garrett congrats! brother you hit it out the park. I'm also looking to invest in Huntsville Al. just trying to get my core 4 ready. I'm still missing the bank and the contractor also any recommendations on the management company.

  • Asa IfillPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    Samuel, congrats on your purchases and what a heck of a way to use creative financing! I'm also a Huntsville native looking to get into the BRRRR process with SFH's.

    I'd love to chat some about real estate investing and know what you're looking for so I can be of some assistance! 

    Congrats again and good luck on your future endeavors! 

    Thanks,

  • Asa IfillPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    I also connect with SVN Realty, but I do business with Rick Chenault. He's shown me several MFH's in the area that could be potential BRRRR properties.

    Small world, keep up the great work!

    Thanks, 

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 33 votes
    6y

    @Alvaro Soto, I appreciate the kind words. Yes, I would be more than happy to provide you my lender contacts as well as contract team and property management. They all would love referrals and the ability to work with other investors. send me a note and we can continue our convo off line.

    Happy 2020 Investing!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 33 votes
    6y

    @Asa Ifill we can definitely link up. I am mostly focusing on off market and maybe on market SFH 3+ bed / 1+ bath. I am also implementing a few new strategies for focus demographics to rent to. Attending a few courses now to get an understanding on the business model. Would gladly share my experiences and learnings thus far.

    Happy 2020 Investing!!

  • Daniel MendezPro Member
    Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 254 posts · 47 votes
    6y

    @Samuel Garrett

    Congrats!

    Can you tell us how exactly did you find this deal? Did you find it on the MLS? wholesaler?

    Thanks in advance !

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.