Secured Another decent deal today in Alamo California

Secured Another decent deal today in Alamo California

Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes

Just got the verification today on a small house large lot in Alamo California. My team will be tearing this one down to one wall. (existing 1500sqft) We will be building a 4000 sqft new house in its place. Lot Cost $700k, Build cost $400K exit $2M+

This deal works because the neighborhood is full of solid comps of $2M. $500 per square

Might be partnering with Jory Sandusky's architec on this one.

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 259 posts · 147 votes
13y

Congrats, Michael Galloway! Look at you - getting deals while everyone else is relaxing celebrating their favorite President. Hope I get to see it soon.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · San Clemente, CA · Member since 2011 · 209 posts · 47 votes
    13y

    I haven't looked into building new construction in the US, but you feel confident that for $400k you can build a house that can command $2M? Paying $100/sqft, for a $500/sqft valuation is pretty amazing.

    Andrew

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    Andrew O. Not only am i confident, i am actually shocked at what is selling for the $2M mark in this area.

    It amazes me everyday that home buyers continue to buy price per sqft, compared to quality. Just in this area the 40-50 year old houses that are remodeled sell at $2M+,

    These areas are highly desirable with no new quality homes. I build in this niche.

  • Wholesaler · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 259 posts · 147 votes
    13y

    Congrats, Michael Galloway! Look at you - getting deals while everyone else is relaxing celebrating their favorite President. Hope I get to see it soon.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    As soon as it closes we can go check it out. Maybe there's some treasures in the attic? keep you posted

  • Wholesaler · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 259 posts · 147 votes
    13y

    Well, that's slightly terrifying - all of my attic knowledge comes from scary movies. Looking forward to it anyways!

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    James Zachary, Jory Sandusky, you guys are invited as well. I will keep you posted when we close.

  • Northern, CA · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    That's right in my backyard. I would love to check it out! I would also love to find a deal like that :-)

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 36 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Wow, that is a nice spread. Michael Galloway How many of these type of deals do you do in a year or are they fairly infrequent?

    Can't wait to see the process from tear to construction to sale. Great work.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    Byron K., i look to do a max of 10 flips per year. All the little ones in between i buy and hold. the numbers are large on my flips, but so is the work.

    I used to do a large amount of volume, but decided to change strategies a year and a half ago.

    I am able to manage these projects a lot better with less stress and spend more time with my friends and family.

    When you do the flips with little margin (paint and carpet) there is a lot of players, littler paychecks, and more stress that you might have been off on a comp.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 98 votes
    13y

    Congrats Michael!

    Everytime I read one of your posts, I just get excited and pumped to get back into investing again. Keep me in the loop, too. Maybe I can fly up there to check out the property when it's done.

    Cheers!

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    Thanks Peggy L. I will keep you in the loop.

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 36 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Michael Galloway - stumbled upon some of my early posts and wanted to know how this project came alone. Did the estimates match what you budgeted for? Was the exit on target? Would love to hear more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.