Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 4 votes
So -you've found a great off market deal - now what? how do you close on the deal after contacting owner and they accept.. is it just set up title company appointment to sign documents and wire transfer funds? I do not want an realtor... so how to proceed?
Real Estate Agent · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 57 votes
6y
I'm an agent, and if you've gotten this far then you don't need one to complete the transaction.
If your agreement is rough or just verbal, you'll need to have a contract. It can be an attorney contract or a state issued standard form (depends where you are located). Often, the title company where you are closing will have a boilerplate contract they can use to facilitate the deal. Whether or not that contract will accurately reflect your deal depends on how complicated your deal is. Inspection, title insurance, and appraisal/lender concerns are often (but not the only) additional steps to consider.
If the deal is really as simple as "I'll buy it for $X in cash and no contingencies", then yeah you can probably just have the title co attorney do the closing/recording/funding.
Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 4 votes
6y
Hunter Vigneault Thanks for the insight - this is a cash offer and looking to buy and hold. SO I was just wonderign if it is that simple! excellent answer! thanks