Best Books On Deal Analysis/Determining Acceptable Buying Metrics

Best Books On Deal Analysis/Determining Acceptable Buying Metrics

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

One thing I've noticed is that there are a ton of resources on the important metrics to consider when analyzing properties and how to calculate them. I'm comfortable with my understanding of the metrics, what they mean and how to calculate them but where I lack confidence is knowing whether the particular numbers are "just ok", "good enough" or "great". If they're terrible, that's usually pretty clear to me.

I understand that what's considered "good" or "worth it" depends on each investor an their ultimate goals. However, simply understanding that has not helped me move much closer to defining my goals or gain clarity on what ranges of CoC returns, cap rates, total ROI and GRMs, etc etc I should be comfortable pursuing.

Are there any comprehensive books that might help me gain some clarity on this? What other resources or tips do you have for someone who knows how to run these numbers but doesn't quite feel confident making decisions based on the results that get spit out. 

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    6y

    A classic is "What Every Real Estate investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... and 36 other Key Financial Measures" by Frank Gallinelli. He's been on the BP Podcast a couple times as well. Solid.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.