Looking at the numbers of my first deal!

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Green Bay · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Is your points 2 points or $2?  2 points on a 60k loan would be about $1200? I'd check your average closing cost in your county, should come up on google.  Also, I'd always include a few thousand for paint and flooring. Other than that your deal looks solid

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hi Red,

    Thank you for taking a look!  The points would be 2%.  Maybe I put it into the calculator wrong.  My closing cost of $650 is based on my lender's info.  Thanks for your general cost for paint and flooring.  I underestimated that cost!  Is that just the cost of materials or is that labor too?

    Grace

  • Contractor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    @Grace Navera Looks awesome to me, is it going to be vacant? I would consider updating the furnace up front if it's going to be vacant. A 25 year old furnace always scares me going into a midwest winter.

    Otherwise I would agree with the comment above, that I usually just plan on 2500 in closing costs usually, If it comes out less, I win. If not, I have a bigger chunk set aside for less of a scramble. 

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Yes, it will be vacant.  The owners are currently living there now.  Now that I'm thinking about the closing costs more... I remember that I should plan on paying for the inspection and title insurance etc.  Good call!

  • MS · Member since 2020 · 37 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    I'm too new to opine on the math, but as a newbie I love that you linked your report.  I've never seen a calculator report before so this gives me some insight on the calculators. Thanks!

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hi Alicia, yes, it's pretty nifty!

  • Member since 2020 · 72 posts · 17 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Grace Navera:

    View report

    *This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

    Did you compare a 30 year mortgage to a 15 year for your report? I am curious what the discrepancy here would be with the bottom line (your cash flow).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.