About to close on duplex and employment verification may prevent

About to close on duplex and employment verification may prevent

Member since 2019 · 59 posts · 4 votes

I work in UAE and they provide employment verification letter and payslips. Lender requires employment verification form to show my income increasing each month. I found out at last minute as I’m leaving UAE to come to USA which makes things more difficult.

Anyone else experience this or know a way around it? Closing needs to be quick since I travel back October 21. Maybe another lender. Thanks

Matt,

0Reply
29 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2020 · 471 posts · 462 votes
    6y

    Hi Matthew,

    Are you quitting your job and therefore can no longer show a source of income? Or are you saying that you left UAE before acquiring an employment verification form? I am not familiar with needing to show a lender that your income is INCREASING every month, my experience is they like to see you with stable income, preferable in the same type of job for at least two years. Can you reach out to your employer to have them send you a continuing proof of income form? If not, do you have anyone who can co-sign on the loan with you to cover the income portion?

    Forrest

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.