This may be my first deal...Please Help.

This may be my first deal...Please Help.

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 3 votes

Hi all, I sent off my first set of letters on Sunday which was only about 68 letters. My phone started ringing on Tuesday. I was sooo excited because I'm really following my dream and things are starting to happen. I've gone to the
REIA meetings, networked, met new ppl, and have built my buyers list. My phone is ringing and I'm talking to people. not sure that I'm doing everything right but that's part of learning. So someone calls me today and says that they want to sell their house. Everyone else that has called me just asked me for an offer straight off the back and are only willing to sell if the price is right not because there's real motivation there. So the person who called me today lives in CA and there's no mortgage on the house. She transferred the property to her daughter last month and she says she has a friend of hers who lives in the house. Her friend isn't paying her any rent. It's in a nice area and when I looked on Realist I see the house was purchased for 145k. I looked up the comps on Realist as well which gave me about 10 houses w/in .5 miles of the property that sold w/in the last 6mo. and they range from 110k to 176k. She says that the house is really taken care of and doesn't need much repairs, but I plan on going to see it this wknd. But just based on what I saw on Realist, I was thinking about offering 90k. Is that a fair offer? I also asked her if I made you an offer and could close in 2 weeks what would be the least amount you'd accept and she said she wasn't sure yet and she would have to talk to her best friend first and they would get back to me. Is there anything else I should ask her or I should consider or look into before making her an offer to start the negotiating process?
Thanks in advance for any feed back.

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Canby, OR · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 37 votes
13y

... If it has been transferred to her daughter? That part confused me...

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 173 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    Yeah you would think, but as I said before you need to find out from the Seller, what the deal is. You don't know until you ask, and find out what the real deal is. Until then you are just guessing. But if that is the case, that would be a win/win for you. It might wind up being something that is gifted to you, and sold to pay of taxes + your fee. And that would be great. Still check with seller first, then a RE attorney.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Shirley Dufrenne Don't give up on that original lead. Now that you have the owner's phone number, check bath with her from time to time. It may be a cold lead now but things change and the seller may need to sell down the road.

  • Homeowner · Atlanta , GA · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    @Shirley Dufrenne
    Hey Shirley, I've been following this thread quite recently. How did you find these absentee home owners? Just curious.

    Cheers,
    Ikenna

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    John Southard thanks for the advice. I definitely plan on following up with her in another month or so. Any recommendations on how to better organize and keep track of all of the sellers who have contacted me thus far. I'm averaging a call/day and I find myself with a whole lot of little pieces of paper with my notes on them. I tried using google docs but I'm not sure I'm using it correctly. Any feedback?

    Ikenna O. I used listsource

  • Homeowner · Atlanta , GA · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks Shirley.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    I use a simple Exel spreadsheet.

  • Wholesaler · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    I would tell you to proceed with caution... they may only want you to visit in order to show the turkey there not paying any rent that the house is for sale thus forcing him to clear the residence thus saving face and avoiding confrontation with the guy. it happened to me... before you go, get signatures on your contract or it'll be an absolute waste of time

    other than that.... you rock!!!!!

  • Investor · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    how's it going?? this is like waiting for the next season of your favorite show.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.