My first investment property

My first investment property

Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Investment Info:

Townhouse buy & hold investment in Mesa.

Purchase price: $42,000
Cash invested: $42,000

2 bed 2 bath single level townhome in Mesa AZ

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Trying to earn passive income. It was an attractive price, and provides a great return. The same tenant has been there since I bought it. Not only have I received my initial investment back in rent, but the unit is now worth approximately $200,000.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Foreclosure. Auction purchase.

How did you add value to the deal?

I purchased the property for $42,000 and then rehabed (paint, carpet, countertops, appliances, light fixtures, etc...) for approximately $8,000.

What was the outcome?

Rented quickly for higher, and tenant has been there for over 8 years now.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I wish I would have leveraged and purchased more properties knowing what the market has done since then.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I am a licensed agent.

1Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 274 posts · 191 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed- congrats!!

  • Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Damon Stratton great purchase. Most deals don’t work out that well.

    You and I say the same thing every year when looking backwards... “I wish I bought more”

    Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
    View Page
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    Congratulations on this investment @Account Closed ! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.