Part Wholsale / Part "Fix-N-Flip" in less than 45 days.

Part Wholsale / Part "Fix-N-Flip" in less than 45 days.

Eric JonesPro Member
Realtor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $67,000
Cash invested: $2,300
Sale price: $90,000

Purchased this property from an investor with a portfolio looking to liquidate. Property was completely occupied and had recent updates. Nothing wrong with the property or major repairs needed. Cosmetic updates would be needed in the future to update the rents. Within a few days, had it under contract with an investor wanting to buy and hold and BRRR after cosmetic updates and rent increases. Although I sold at $90k, it appraised for $107k. Definitely a win for the buyer and a win for me.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I knew it was going to be a quick turnaround and I also had an investor looking for a BRRR type deal. This one was perfect. It was a win for me and a win for him.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I was able to connect with the owner through a husband-wife wholesale team that I work with often. We actually partnered on the deal.

How did you finance this deal?

Paid cash! Offered a quick close for the owner and knew my money would only be sitting for a little while.

How did you add value to the deal?

The biggest value add was for the end buyer. I was able to find him a great property that still appraised well over the amount I sold it for. The value I brought to the table was being the connection. I had the funds to close and found the end-buyer.

What was the outcome?

Sold for $23k more than purchased in less than 45 days. Also, was able to collect some rent while holding the property which was an added bonus.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Push the numbers. Could've gotten a bit more out of this deal. Challenges were mainly tenants. Took over the property and immediately hit them with an inspection, an appraisal and repairs. Lots of inconvenience for them so took some schmoozing to smooth it all over and keep them happy. In the future, I'll get copies of leases prior to closing. The rent amounts were $50 total less than what I was told. Not huge but still an issue.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Aaron Chapman at Security National Bank is awesome! He was the buyer's lender and I've worked with him and his team on many deals. They're always pulled together and great at communicating.

1Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2017 · 152 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Great work @eric Jones this was one great little deal w/a nice looking profit at the end!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    Nice looking house, congratulations @Eric Jones ! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.