3 Family in Catskill

3 Family in Catskill

Catskill, NY · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $240,000
Cash invested: $28,000

3 family in the charming Village of Catskill. Just 2 blocks from Main Street, this beautiful Mansard Victorian makes the perfect Airbnb or high end rental.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I wanted to house hack and discovered this town while searching. There was a big margin between the purchase price to airbnb rental potential in this area. From day 1 my mortgage was covered by rent.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found the deal on market and made an offer that made sense to me.

How did you finance this deal?

FHA financing. 7% down

How did you add value to the deal?

I have renovated much of the building so far. In the future I will finish 550 sf of space in the attic.

What was the outcome?

My airbnb income will be far higher than the mortgage and taxes

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Screen your tenants!!! Evicting tenants during a pandemic is a challenge

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I was my own agent

2Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
5y

Hey guys - awesome to see this happening and I’ll be trying to make it as well!

Looking forward to seeing you @Chris Szepessy, and thanks @Greg Kardos for the invite. 

I’m an investor from Brooklyn, just got into the Hudson market.

Thanks for setting this up!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Hey guys - awesome to see this happening and I’ll be trying to make it as well!

    Looking forward to seeing you @Chris Szepessy, and thanks @Greg Kardos for the invite. 

    I’m an investor from Brooklyn, just got into the Hudson market.

    Thanks for setting this up!

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Looking forward to meeting you, Andrew! My hope is that we’ll all get a chance to introduce ourselves (as a group), and then possibly throw out 1) something we need help with and 2) something we can offer. See you all on Friday. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.