Condo Residence Turned Fix & Flip in Columbus, OH

Condo Residence Turned Fix & Flip in Columbus, OH

Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Investment Info:

Condo fix & flip investment in Columbus.

Purchase price: $132,500
Cash invested: $11,000
Sale price: $170,000

This was my first real estate purchase ever, and it was not originally meant to be an investment. I purchased this condo as my primary residence, but with how the market was during the Summer of 2021, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to make some improvements and sell it at a profit.

How did you add value to the deal?

Updates included:
-Paint & white trim throughout
-Laminate flooring throughout first floor
-All new kitchen cabinets and countertops
-Upgraded kitchen appliances
-New carpet in bedrooms
-Laminate flooring, new toilet, new vanity in bathroom
-New water heater and HVAC

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Outside of the carpet and HVAC, I completed all the work myself and with the help of my Dad. Overall, it was a great experience, but I can see why it's important to budget for hiring contractors. Looking forward to making similar

1Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.