My First Wholesale Deal That Changed My Life

My First Wholesale Deal That Changed My Life

Real Estate Agent · Detroit · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 2 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence wholesale investment in Detroit.

Purchase price: $15,000
Cash invested: $16,121
Sale price: $41,000

My first wholesale deal!

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I have represented investors as an agent for over 5-years and watched how profitable it could be.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I hawked Zillow for sale by owners and called her as soon as I saw her post it, she was a tired landlord that was highly motivated to sell. She was priced at $15k and I made a full-price offer. When I met her I told her that she could sell for more and she stated that she appreciated my honesty and agreed to sell it to me at her initial price because I was honest with her.

How did you add value to the deal?

I used Redfin to pull the comps in the immediate area within the past 3-months and I knew right away it was a deal.

What was the outcome?

I purchased it and closed on it, the day I closed on it I put it up for sale without spending a dollar and sold it for $41k

Lessons learned? Challenges?

There are deals available no matter the market rumors, you just have to look.

2Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Darryl MatthewsPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 49 votes
4y

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darryl MatthewsPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 49 votes
    4y

    This is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 96 posts · 61 votes
    4y

    Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing

  • Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2017 · 152 posts · 65 votes
    4y

    Great work Scott!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.