Current Cape Coral Data?

Current Cape Coral Data?

New to Real Estate · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 10 votes

Hi BP Folks,

I was lucky enough to get in on a new construction build to rent last year in Cape Coral. The prices now are roughly 70% higher. So I feel like I need to do a whole new round of due diligence to see if it still makes sense to pick up another at this new price.

Does anyone have any advice for where to get the most current data on population growth, number of new homes being built and all that good stuff?

Anecdotal info welcome too.

Thanks all, 

-Greg

3Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
4y

Hi Greg,

Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    Hi Greg,

    Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hi Peter. Are you able to email me that monthly market report for SWFL. I'm in Palm Beach looking for our first rental in the area. Thanks

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    @Peter Davis Could I get a report as well? I am looking at Naples for a multifamily home. Thank you.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    @Hector Valle

    @Andrea Layman

    Absolutely! We just released the February report last week. I'll PM you both for your email addresses.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    Hi Greg,

    Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 


     Hi Peter, Could I receive your report as well.  Currently in negotiations with a property in Cape Coral FL.  Thanks,

    Mike Williams

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    Hi Michael,

    Sure thing! Happy to help a fellow New Englander; I'm from Maine. I'll PM you for you email address so you can receive the monthly reports.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Hello, can you send me newsletter, as well?  Thank you! 

  • Investor · Schnecksville, PA · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Peter…if you don’t mind. I would be very interested in your research report SWFL as well.

    I’m curgently looking to purchase in that area. Thank you.

  • NY · Member since 2021 · 143 posts · 45 votes
    4y

    @Peter Davis

    Can I get in on the newsletter as well? Thanks

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    Hi Greg,

    Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 


     can you send me one too? thanks

  • Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 18 votes
    4y
     Can I have one as well?


    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    Hi Greg,

    Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 


  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 335 posts · 193 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    Hi Michael,

    Sure thing! Happy to help a fellow New Englander; I'm from Maine. I'll PM you for you email address so you can receive the monthly reports.

    Peter - same here. Can you pls put me on your list? 
  • Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    @Hector Valle

    @Andrea Layman

    Absolutely! We just released the February report last week. I'll PM you both for your email addresses.


     Hi Peter, would you be able to send me a report too please. Thanks, I'm in the process of a new build in Cape Coral right now.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    I'd be happy to @Frank Harris. I'll PM you for your email address. 

  • Investor · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    @Peter Davis I'm looking to connect with brokers in the Cape Coral area.  Would you mind sharing with me the SW FL market report that your firm produces? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    @Joe R. Sure thing Joe. Please send me your email in a PM and I'll add you to the market report mailing. Thanks!

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Hello Peter ... I an across this post and would like to recieve the monthly market report for SWFL. Would you kindly add me to the list....Thank You!

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Peter Davis:

    Hi Greg,

    Much of the data you seek can be found in an online search and you'll also find many news stories about the area, and Cape Coral in particular. The hot housing market has generated a lot of interest and coverage that will fill in the gaps with anecdotal information too. My brokerage's research department puts out a monthly market report for Southwest Florida including Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Bonita Springs / Estero, Naples and Marco Island. I can email it to you if you'd like to receive it. 


     Hi Peter, just read this post. would you be able to email me the report as well? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    Sure thing @Jane Pawloski

    Send me your email in a PM and I'll add you to the mailing.

    Thanks!

  • Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    Hey @Peter Davis can I receive a copy of the latest report?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    3y

    Absolutely. Send me your email in a PM and I'll add you to the mailing. Thanks So!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.