I’m really interested in starting in multi family real estate and wanted to know is it a good idea to go with wealth nation as a mentor? Or do I need a mentor? There asking for $7500 to hold my hand is it worth it?
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 664 votes
8mo
There’s an incredible amount of information available through podcasts, forums like BiggerPockets, and books, starting there can take you a long way.
Like anything, real estate is about consistently taking small steps and learning as you go. You don’t need to start big. I bought my first house and rented rooms to friends, and I learned a ton just by doing small projects on that first property.
Most of the time it's about the deals.. If you find a deal try to find an established partner and bring him on with you. You'll most likely learn a ton from that too!
Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8mo
Hey Kenneth!
Personally, I'd be cautious about paying $7,500 for a mentor right away. You can learn a lot through free or low-cost resources (forums, REIA groups, podcasts, and analyzing deals on your own) before committing big money. A mentor can help, but early on, it's often possible to get most of the guidance you need without paying that much.
Instead, a great way to learn is to partner with a more experienced investor. You could also network in REIA groups and see if there are people willing to let you shadow them or walk you through deals. That way, you get hands-on experience and guidance without the big upfront cost.