• Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
SBA EIDL Loan went through!! Unlock credit files to verify ident

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted May 5 2020, 09:52

I applied for an SBA EIDL loan almost immediately after they announced it. A few days ago I got a note saying they still have my app and sit tight. I got a 2nd email yesterday saying they were going to process it, and today I got an email saying I had been approved and needed to create an account.

I was approved for a nice margin more than what I said were my losses, but nothing crazy. The first step is to verify the amount, you can lower it if you want. The 2nd step is to verify identiy.

When I tried to verify identity, I got two errors, either "we're sorry we encountered an issue" or "we can't verify your identity online" .. I called the 800 number on the EIDL portal, and shockingly got someone almost immediatley. He looked at my app and said there are two problems: 

1. The system is glitching out and he said there is a ticket in with IT, they should have it fixed soon. 

2. There was a note on my file saying "no credit score" due to my credit files being voluntarily frozen at the 3 beurarus.  He told me to do a temporary unfreeze and then try again in a few hours when the system is hopefully back up.  

As far as I can tell, they aren't requesting any more information from me to complete the loan. My rentals are reported for taxes under my SSN and that's what I used to apply, so I figure they already had all the proof of they needed.

If you are still waiting on an EIDL response just hang in there. If you got approved and are having problems verifying identity, make sure you unfreeze your credit and also be aware there is a technical issue at the SBA verifying identities. 

Loading replies...