Tenant screening that I can enter the information for the tenant

Tenant screening that I can enter the information for the tenant

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have a low cost unit that gets a ton of interest (over 160 inquiries last time I listed it), but a majority of the interest is from unqualified prospects. I like to pre-screen them with an application that I send them before showing the unit, and I will show the unit to anyone who qualifies. Once I pick a prospective tenant to offer a lease to, I would like to use some service to verify their information (provided by them on the pre-screen sheet) without having them re-enter everything on some service such as zillow or appartments.com.

Does anyone know of some service that I can use to verify their information?

Requirements I use:

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 3 votes
4y

I highly recommend using https://www.rentspree.com/

They provide a application and also run credit check, background, & eviction report. The only thing that cost money is the credit check but you do have the option to have the client pay for it or you can cover it your self. You can send them the request through email or TXT message it saves me a lot of time when I am trying figure out what my renters are qualified for. Give it a try and see if it works for you. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I highly recommend using https://www.rentspree.com/

    They provide a application and also run credit check, background, & eviction report. The only thing that cost money is the credit check but you do have the option to have the client pay for it or you can cover it your self. You can send them the request through email or TXT message it saves me a lot of time when I am trying figure out what my renters are qualified for. Give it a try and see if it works for you. Good luck!

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 200 posts · 77 votes
    4y

    Another option (similar to RentSpree) is TransUnion's SmartMove. You can invite your prospective tenants by email, then they have to fill out a short application. From there, you will be sent a tenant screening report that outlines the credit score, criminal history and eviction history. 

    It's a very straightforward process that will give you peace of mind/help you decide on the best tenant.

  • Member since 2018 · 563 posts · 562 votes
    4y

    I use TenantBackgroundSearch.com....you can pay or applicant can pay, you enter the data and initiate the report, the company emails applicant a link to log in and verify their identity and then you have access to the report, background check, eviction check....cost about $35

    good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.