Tenant screening and credit score

Tenant screening and credit score

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am a 68-year-old veteran. I'm on the hudvash program and have been on it successfully for 16 years. However, my credit is not good and I'm having a difficult time getting anyone to rent to me. I need to find a place to live and I don't know what to do.

 If anyone can advise, I would appreciate it

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Drew SygitBusiness Member
Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
1y

Why can't you fix your credit?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Thank you for your service. I’m sorry that you’ve had a hard time finding a place to rent. Some property managers will look at other factors, not just your credit score. I would suggest making sure you don’t have any delinquent utility accounts or back rent. Another option would be a co-living arrangement utilizing a company like PadSplit. I hope this helps. 




  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    1y

    Why can't you fix your credit?

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Offer multiple months of advanced rent. This takes some of the risk off of the landlord and places the risk on you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.