New Vehicle Advertising design feedback

New Vehicle Advertising design feedback

Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes

Hi everyone! I recently traded in my 2006 Dodge Ram and am now desinging my new rear window advertising. It's a bit harder than what I had on my Dodge. That was simple. Magnet on the tailgate and in big yellow letters on the left rear window panel I put "We Buy Houses" above it was my website and on the right panel was my number.

Now I have an Escalade and want to have a more classy advertisement. Plus I was looking to create a new logo for my company since mine is from Vista Print and they won't sell me the rights to it. So onwards I go for redesign.

My vinyl guy and I have been tossing ideas around and I have two examples I that are really close to what I think I want. The only difference between these two are the letter color on the tailgate. So what I'm looking for is fellow Investors and the BP network to give me some opinions on using black or grey lettering on the tailgate.

I have never inserted images so hopefully these can be clicked and enlarged. Thanks in advance for any responses.

ok didn't work. let me post online so I can link to them.... brb

0Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
13y

The Black lettering is easier to read.

On your back window, I can't see how anyone would be able to ready anything other than the logo and the large tagline next to it. All the other writing and the website seem too small to be read.

While a beautiful vehicle, this Escalade design is not friendly to this type of advertising, imo..Perhaps leave the logo and tagline on the back window and move the website and other small print to the tailgate.

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Central America, Panama · Member since 2010 · 423 posts · 293 votes
    13y

    It's about $1200 for a truck wrap in dallas texas.

    The message is what's most important. That's why the domain name www.SellYourHouseIn7Days.com works so well. It explains what's in it for THEM. People who need to sell fast, in 7 days, call.

    The message needs to be BIG enough that people can see if from a distance.

    The bright yellow and red attracts attention to the truck and the message.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Dev Horn

    @Dev Horn


    @Dev Horn

    @Ben R. , you make good points. I want the advertising to bring me leads for people who need to sell. I definitely don't want a cluttered message. That's why I am trying to keep the message simple by saying "Need to Sell? We are buying or I am buying!.

    The way I was looking at it is the first thing the people will see is the company name on the back window. Then this leads them to the message on the tailgate. Kind of like reading a book. So nice clean logo and name then the quick to the point message.
    @Dev Horn


    @Dev Horn

    @Dev Horn

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y
    I would say black. It's easier to read and still classy enough
  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Aaron Yates:
    @Dev Horn
    @Dev Horn


    @Dev Horn

    @Ben R. , you make good points. I want the advertising to bring me leads for people who need to sell. I definitely don't want a cluttered message. That's why I am trying to keep the message simple by saying "Need to Sell? We are buying or I am buying!.

    The way I was looking at it is the first thing the people will see is the company name on the back window. Then this leads them to the message on the tailgate. Kind of like reading a book. So nice clean logo and name then the quick to the point message.

    Done.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    @Dev Horn


    @Dev Horn

    @Dev Horn

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Ben R. , I like the phrase " I Will Buy Your House" but I don't want to give false hope either. My network of buyers is also still small and I can't gaurantee a buy.

    Some of the leads I get are looking for market value and I have to explain to them why I personally can't help them but can refer an agent to them. Until I build a reputation of being able to buy on a bigger scale, I don't want to build a reputation of NOT being able to buy at all. As I'm sure you know, negative experiences are talked about much more than any positive experience.

    I don't want my name on the back of my truck at this point but I could put

    "WE BUY HOUSES" "CALL US TODAY".

    But I was looking away from that because of all the bandit signs in the areas I drive through. I wanted something a little different and to stand out from the rest.

    All this input is helping with my design. Thank you to everyone jumping in on this post.

  • Mansfield, TX · Member since 2013 · 207 posts · 26 votes
    13y

    @Jackie Lange What sort of leads do you typically get from that wrap? I would assume alot of properties with less equity/ pre foreclosures that would lend themselves to subject 2.

  • Investor · Central America, Panama · Member since 2010 · 423 posts · 293 votes
    13y

    wholesale leads

    subject to

    seller finance

    seller finance wraps

    master leases

    options, then highest bidder sales

    lots of different kind of seller leads.

  • Investor · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2009 · 358 posts · 306 votes
    13y

    @Aaron Yates, I think a grey looks classier than black but don't go too light. You don't want to make your potential lead struggle to read it. Clear font, contrasting color, legible size and unambiguous message.

    Based on your mock-up image I can imagine it taking an extra second or two for someone to figure out that what you're offering to buy is their house. I don't think you want any ambiguity at all in the message. Some people will be stuck behind you on I-75 for a long time, but many more will be getting a quick look in rush hour traffic. I think you gain more by using a simple, quickly understood message than by relying on the viewer to piece it together. People have a lot of other stuff to pay attention to on the road, you may only get a 1/2 second to make an impression that spurs them to look closer.

    I'd change the text on the left to something like "Need to Sell Your House?" and have a simple graphic of a house next to it. We process images faster than we process words, since words are really an abstraction of the actual thing they signify. On the right "We want to buy it!" or something.

    I wouldn't worry too much about breaking your brand's promise to buy quickly by using something like "Sell your house in 7 days!" and not always being able to. Obviously, if someone has a $100K house that they want $135K for, you won't buy it in 7 days, nor will anyone. On the other hand, if they want $42K for that $100K house, you can call some local investor-buyers you already know and one will likely help you make it happen in 7 days if that's what it takes. You'll get your fee and they'll get a good deal.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Tom A. you make a good point like a few others have. The more I look at it, I see everyone's point.

    I definitely need to put the word 'house' back in the design. My current logo actually has a hand holding a house. But that is also part of the reason of the redesign. The image is from Vista print and they won't sell me the rights nor sell me a big enough file to use it seperate from their materials.

    My graphics guy has lots of options with similar photos but the logo I have in this post just stuck out at me and caught my eye.

  • Investor · Central America, Panama · Member since 2010 · 423 posts · 293 votes
    13y

    Aaron\

    your company name means nothing to the sellers

    don't waste space with it

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    Again, sorry for the blurriness. Here is what I have come up with after everyone's suggestions so far. I am still leaning towards the grey because it matches so well with the color. It's classy, simple, professional and clear to the point.

    Remember, I'm not solely trying to wholesal properties. I am setting up to build a full Real Estate company in the future that is involved with SFR, Multi-Family, Apartments and Commercial Units. This is why I want the professionalism and a recognizable logo. Maybe it's too early in the stage but appearance can make a world of difference when talking to a client or showing up at a meeting with a possible finance partner.

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Aaron Yates:
    Again, sorry for the blurriness. Here is what I have come up with after everyone's suggestions so far. I am still leaning towards the grey because it matches so well with the color. It's classy, simple, professional and clear to the point.
    Remember, I'm not solely trying to wholesal properties. I am setting up to build a full Real Estate company in the future that is involved with SFR, Multi-Family, Apartments and Commercial Units. This is why I want the professionalism and a recognizable logo. Maybe it's too early in the stage but appearance can make a world of difference when talking to a client or showing up at a meeting with a possible finance partner.

    Aaron,

    If your goal is to show up at a meeting and make a good impression, then leave graphics off your vehicle completely, step out well dressed, a firm handshake, a quality business card, and a knock-em-dead brochure/presentation...

    If you want people to see your vehicle graphics and respond (call/click/come by) then the above design is simply a bad read for an out of home ad...

    What's even worse is the copy in the ad. It says "call us today", and provides a website address instead of a phone number...

    Not trying to be critical, just critiqueal...

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    The purpose of this graphic was to sell the value of mobile advertising, and prompt a phone call in response...when the final job went to print, the company name and logo were little more than a watermark so as not to clutter or detract...

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    One other thing to consider is if you are doing cut vinyl, you will wind up with outlines of the copy on your tailgate when the vinyl is removed. Don't know if I would want that on an Escalade and the easy fix is to cover the whole tailgate with digital...

  • Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
    13y

    There are some good points being made here. But remember that the OP is trying to build a brand and market presence. This isn't a pest control company with a phone number to call for an appointment.

    Aaron wants people to become familiar with his brand and what he does. He wants a market presence.

    @Aaron Yates I like the new design. I think the call us today is fine. The idea is that people can more easily remember ckiproperties than a telephone number and they will visit your site, better understand if they think you can help them, and make the call if necessary. People can better remember company names and logos than phone numbers. Good job, keep building your brand.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Ben R. , the phone number is on the back window. The pic is too small to see it on here though. It's plenty big enough to see. But thanks for the proof reading.. ha ha ha..

    The outlines of vinyl lettering is one of my concerns and why I still haven't made the plunge to do it. I don't know if I want a wrap either because again, I don't feel it fits right on this type of vehicle.

    But I do want to do something because I did receive leads when advertising on my dodge. So this is why I have a dilemna and looked to fellow BP'ers for some thoughts and opinions.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y
    Aaron,
    If your goal is to show up at a meeting and make a good impression, then leave graphics off your vehicle completely, step out well dressed, a firm handshake, a quality business card, and a knock-em-dead brochure/presentation...

    If you want people to see your vehicle graphics and respond (call/click/come by) then the above design is simply a bad read for an out of home ad...

    @Ben R. , My goal is to create something that appeases to both. Not one or the other.

    I don't want an ad that GRABS EVERYONE'S attention. I purposely want it subtle. I work a full time job that is from 40-70 hours a week depending on the project and whether I'm in town or traveling. I have a family I try to spend time with and I have 5 rental properties that I manage myself as well as working on building the company.

    With all of this, I am not looking to get tons of leads right now. As @Ryan R. stated, it's the presence that I'm creating now. I'm not always clear on things and maybe I should have explained from the beginning what my goal was with the advertising.

    So in a list, here is what I am looking to accomplish with this design:

    1. Create a presence - (Advertising on my Dodge started lots of conversations)

    2. Show Professionalism

    3. Catchy but classy

    4. Attract some leads in the mean time while setting up my mail marketing

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Aaron Yates:
    @Ben R. ,

    Aaron, your printer/sign guy can print a sheet of vinyl to cover the whole tailgate, color matched to your body paint, along with the copy, which will alleviate that problem...

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Aaron Yates I like the new design. I think the call us today is fine. The idea is that people can more easily remember ckiproperties than a telephone number and they will visit your site, better understand if they think you can help them, and make the call if necessary. People can better remember company names and logos than phone numbers. Good job, keep building your brand.

    @Ben R This is very true. I never remember phone numbers anymore. Who does? We all have our contacts saved in our cell phones and just click 'Call' on that persons name. I personally remember company names and a catchy logo helps with that. Often I will recognize a logo before I remember a company name. You and I are on the same page with this.

    Thank you for your input. Thanks to everyone who is helping me with this.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ben R.:
    Originally posted by Aaron Yates:
    @Ben R. ,

    Aaron, your printer/sign guy can print a sheet of vinyl to cover the whole tailgate, color matched to your body paint, along with the copy, which will alleviate that problem...

    I will have to ask him about this. So I should be able to have the wrap be the body color? That will help with my concerns of lines after removing lettering.

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 23 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Aaron Yates:

    So I should be able to have the wrap be the body color? That will help with my concerns of lines after removing lettering.

    He should be able to get the color pretty close, the finish will obviously be different, but should work well...


  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Ryan R. ok I need your marketing expertise. Is this too much?

    In case you can't see due to the blurriness. The left side is as follows:

    What's Your Ailment?

    P ast due taxes

    R eallocation of investments

    O verburdened

    P ending divorce

    E state Inheritance

    R elocation required

    T roublesome tenants

    Y eilding bankruptcy

    OR This one?

    - I nherited headache

    - N eed to move

    - D evastating divorce

    - E xcessive repairs

    - B ankruptcy or foreclosure

    - T roublesome tenants

    The name of my company with the .com included and phone number are on the window

  • Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
    13y

    You've put some good thought in to this. My humble opinion:

    The lighter text is more classy and softer but the black is easier to read and that's the most important in this case. (May be different in person?)

    I like "What's YOUR Ailment" but I would probably use something like " How I Can Help", or "How We Can Help", or "We Specialize In", "Specializing In", "Experts In" etc.

    The acronyms are clever, but probably distracting to your message. I would just use bullets or just list each item without the Bold first letter. This also allows you to better list each item without trying to make it fit.

    Other items: Get rid of "Devastating" divorce. No need to rub salt in wounds.. Just use Divorce liquidation or something like that. I would say "constant or continual" repairs instead of excessive.

    Just my opinions..

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    @Ryan R. , ha ha ha.. yeah I was having second thoughts about the 'devastating' also.

    I was wondering if using the acronyms were too much. Takes too much time to read I think. I agree black is better to see but i keep going back to grey for the 'look'.

    But in short, they are too much right? I like them but the more I look at it now, it can be distracting like you say.

  • Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
    13y

    Yes, make it as easy to read as possible. Top to bottom, left to right. Vertical words will distract.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.