Is Rent by the Room Legal?

Is Rent by the Room Legal?

Member since 2019 · 187 posts · 74 votes

Hey everyone i was wondering if there are any new jersey investors here who have any experience renting by the room. I was wondering what the legality of it is. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Nick

1Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · NJ · Member since 2020 · 277 posts · 138 votes
    4y

    Hi @NIcholas Hamel,

    I've had clients, friends, and other investors I know all rent by the room in various areas of NJ. The specific legalities can vary from municipality to municipality, so it's definitely important to double-check the regulations in the hyperlocal area you are thinking of purchasing. Also, it's never a bad idea to run these things by your attorney during due diligience if you have a strong one on your team.


    Generally speaking, I can't recall anyone I know ever having had an issue with it. 

  • Member since 2019 · 187 posts · 74 votes
    4y

    @Kevin Manafi

    Thank

    You kevin. Im going to contact my lawyer asap.

  • Shawn McenteerBusiness Member
    Realtor · Boonton Township, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @NIcholas Hamel you may want to come to our monthly real estate meet up.  I have a few attendees that do the rent by room strategy well.  You may want to speak with them, poke some holes in what they are doing.  This Wednesday night, DM me for details

    House Hacking New Jersey563 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.