Options to market property before the owning it

Options to market property before the owning it

Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone, I'm under contract for a rental property and I got authorization from the seller/realtor to advertise the property for rent before the sale has closed, given that otherwise we would be getting too close to the Thanksgiving holiday. 

While looking at Zillow Rental Manager and other syndication services, it seems like they require the full address, but not sure that makes sense since the same address is still showing for sale (pending). Are there options to market the property without the full address and just specifying the area? I'm going to start with Craiglist but curious how others have done it. 

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cassie ChunPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Mililani, HI · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 26 votes
    2y

    Aloha Juan,

    I don't necessarily see anything wrong with posting a property for rent that is listed as pending sale as long as prospective tenants understand the situation. 

    Cheers!

    Cassie

  • Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cassie Chun:

    Aloha Juan,

    I don't necessarily see anything wrong with posting a property for rent that is listed as pending sale as long as prospective tenants understand

    Hi Cassie, the problem is that most platforms don’t support it. For example, Zillow Rental Manager won’t allow you to specify an address of a home that is currently for sale. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.