Do I need to list my Rental on the MLS?

Do I need to list my Rental on the MLS?

New to Real Estate · Seminole, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a house listed for sale that isn't selling (Seminole, FL). I'm considering renting it out and managing it myself. Does it make sense to list the rental on the MLS or would listing it just on Zillow Rental Manager suffice? I appreciate the help!

Best,

Marcus

1Reply
185 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte · Member since 2024 · 29 posts · 20 votes
    2y

    Marcus,

    If you want more exposure you can list it on the MLS, and you will have to pay a fee to the agent that brings you the tenant then you will have to do a credit check and background check yourself for each applicant however for my clients I prefer to list it on Zillow rentals only, because I can manage the applications directly from there and the prospective tenant only pays $35 application fee once and can apply for different properties with the same application fee. It's a win win for everyone.

    I don't do property managment, we do free tenant placement for all our investor clients that purchase a house with us.

    Also you can put it on Facebook Market place for more exposure and then redirect them to the zillow link for more information and application process.

    I hope that helps.

    Best Regards,

    Lily Rodriguez - Investor friendly Broker

  • New to Real Estate · Seminole, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thank you @Lily Rodriguez!

    That makes sense! I appreciate your guidance!

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte · Member since 2024 · 29 posts · 20 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marcus Smith:

    Thank you @Lily Rodriguez!

    That makes sense! I appreciate your guidance!

    @Marcus Smith happy to help!

  • Realtor · PInellas County Largo, FL · Member since 2016 · 902 posts · 810 votes
    2y

    With the rent demand in our area, you don't really need to put it in the MLS. It would feed out to all the other sites that prospective tenants will be using but you should get enough traffic from just using Zillow Group and maybe FB Marketplace.

    I tell all my clients that it's not worth it in the current market to bother with the MLS. There are enough qualified tenants that want good housing that they WILL find you!

  • New to Real Estate · Seminole, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thanks @Dan Maciejewski

    I appreciate the insight!

  • Lender · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 306 posts · 122 votes
    2y

    Hi Marcus, since you are self managing I would recommend listing it through Zillow rental network. If you list on the MLS, you'll have to pay typically 1 month's rent in commission to the realtors.

    John

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    @Lily Rodriguez your profile says you're a real estate broker, if that's the case I'm shocked that you post on Zillow and not on the MLS for 2 reasons, one according to the association  rules you're required to list all your properties on the MLS (assuming you joined a association) second Zillow is not our friend, Zillow competes with us and tries to push clients to their Premier agents costing the listing agent half a month rent.

    Quote from @Lily Rodriguez:

    Marcus,

    If you want more exposure you can list it on the MLS, and you will have to pay a fee to the agent that brings you the tenant then you will have to do a credit check and background check yourself for each applicant however for my clients I prefer to list it on Zillow rentals only, because I can manage the applications directly from there and the prospective tenant only pays $35 application fee once and can apply for different properties with the same application fee. It's a win win for everyone.

    I don't do property managment, we do free tenant placement for all our investor clients that purchase a house with us.

    Also you can put it on Facebook Market place for more exposure and then redirect them to the zillow link for more information and application process.

    I hope that helps.

    Best Regards,

    Lily Rodriguez - Investor friendly Broker

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    2y

    I get like 90% of my renters from Zillow.

  • Real Estate Agent · Belleair Bluffs, FL · Member since 2024 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    Hi Marcus,

    Is your property located in unincorporated Seminole? I ask because you can turn this property into a short-term rental on platforms such as Airbnb/ VRBO. I am a local real estate agent who owns and manages short-term rentals in Indian Rocks Beach, Largo, and Seminole. If you need any advice or want information on how to do this, just let me know; I would love to help.

    Thanks

    Ahmed 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.