Realtor for tenant placement in San Diego

Realtor for tenant placement in San Diego

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP community,

I am an out of state buyer and  recently purchased a rental in San Diego, CA. I am trying to find a reputable realtor / agent who will help me place tenants, but also be able to help with semi-annual / annual walkthroughs (for a fee of course). I'm not sure how to go about finding one. There are property management companies, but looks like I have to sign up for a full service to do the annual inspection. I have a brand new house with a year of builder warranty, and so full property management might be overkill at this point. Any thoughts on what's the best way to go about finding one? 

Thanks in advance,

Deepak

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
2y

@Deepak C.you can use Turbo tenant to find tenants, going through a PM company is going to be your best bet for management - most will want 8-10% of the rents.  If you are just wanting someone to go and check on your property periodically for walk throughs I would try and find an agent that is close to the location of the property.  Did you use an agent to purchase? Maybe go through them

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    2y

    @Deepak C.you can use Turbo tenant to find tenants, going through a PM company is going to be your best bet for management - most will want 8-10% of the rents.  If you are just wanting someone to go and check on your property periodically for walk throughs I would try and find an agent that is close to the location of the property.  Did you use an agent to purchase? Maybe go through them

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Steve Meyers:

    @Deepak C.you can use Turbo tenant to find tenants, going through a PM company is going to be your best bet for management - most will want 8-10% of the rents.  If you are just wanting someone to go and check on your property periodically for walk throughs I would try and find an agent that is close to the location of the property.  Did you use an agent to purchase? Maybe go through them

    Thank you, Steve. The realtor that helped me does not have experience in tenant placement. There seem to be many realtors, but so far I haven’t had luck with anyone wanting to help with the walkthroughs. I’ll keep looking.
  • Andy EakesPro Member
    Property Manager · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 205 posts · 162 votes
    2y

    Hey Deepak I have a number of rentals in San Diego and lots of experience placing high quality tenants. I'd be happy to help. Send me a DM and I can give you my direct line. 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2y

    @Deepak C. recommend you hire a PMC to do Placement Only service. They can also do the Annual Walk-Thrus for a fee.

    Recommend you be very cautious if you decide to hire an agent!
    They have a MAJOR conflict of interest - they don't get paid until they place a tenant, yet they have ZERO liability for the performance of that tenant.

    If you hire an agent, you better make sure you retain control over screening & approval.

  • Real Estate Agent · Southern California · Member since 2019 · 681 posts · 281 votes
    2y

    @Deepak C. I live down the road from one of Andy Eakes rentals and he has some of the best Tenants on the block! I would sugget giving him a call if you already havent!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.