Real Estate Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 9 votes
Hey everyone.
I came across this site http://handwrittenyellowletters.com/ and was wondering if anybody is familiar with it? I think ideally it would be great to have 100% hand written letters, but I know that's not feasible or worth the extra time from what I've read...
This site offers a 100% handwritten letter, mail to and return address, and hand-places stamps inside a #10 envelope. Each piece of mail sent is $1.19
Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 322 posts · 238 votes
11y
I just check this site out @John Chapman and they said they are NOT fulfilling orders right now and to check back when their site is back up and running? I am already not very impressed. I have to say I have had great success with yellow letters that I personally write myself. (Whew talk about a hand cramp:) I am about to just outsource this in hopes of automating my business by going straight to the #1 source and contributor to people like you and me-yellowletters.com. I mean for the price at around .83 cents a letter and .48 cents a full color postcard I am going with them.
Real Estate Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 9 votes
11y
Thank you for the input @Stephen Barton. I will just stick to yellowletters for now then; it is a tried, and proven website that I know has produced some fantastic results at a great price.
What do you think of the following scenario as a beginning marketing strategy:
I currently have a list of 380 homeowners from listsource. My plan is to hand write to this list (Yes, I know.....hand cramps and long hours) in hopes to produce a better response rate just until I get my first deal. Once I am able to close out a deal, I will have more funds for marketing in which I can then use a typed, handwritten font and mail out to a larger volume of prospective sellers.
My thinking is this. 100% hand written letters should produce a higher call back rate, at the cost of many hours of time, which will not be sustainable for too long. Typed letters in my own handwritten font might not generate nearly as much call backs, but is more sustainable in the long run. I just want to do everything I can, and need to do in order to reach my FIRST deal. After that my marketing options will open up greatly with the added funds.
Personally we change it up. We will send a typed letter in the first round, then we will do handwritten next cycle, and then we go back to typed, last we are going to use postcards. We have gotten 3 deals just so far out of the 1200 names we bought from list source and that is almost 3 cycles of different letter types. We are going to continue marketing to that list for some time in the future. Until they call and say "take me off of your list" we are sending letters. I believe the key for you should be CONSISTENCY! Just stick it out! Do not give up when (and you will get these callers) they say rudely, "why are you sending me these letters?" Just be polite and do not take it personally ok? Hang in there, it will get easier:)
Real Estate Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 9 votes
11y
Thanks again @Stephen Barton for your input. I will probably be doing something similar (ANY action is better than none! Can't sit around and let this list go stale...). So far I'm on handwritten letter #200, and counting.
Congrats on your three deals too btw. Keep up the good work!