Nottingham, MD · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 37 votes
Hi BP,
Just wondering how you handle your direct mailing campaigns when you find a single person or company owns multiple properties in the area your working? During my research I have run across a person who owns about 10 properties. Do you send them 10 separate letters with each specific address or one with a general interested in buying request?
For ex.
Mr. Smith I am interested in purchasing your house at 1234 main st................
and then send out 10 more with each address. Or
Mr. Smith during my research I have found that you own 10 properties within the Baltimore area near zip 123456. If your are interested in selling one or any of these please contact me........... OR something similar.
Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
11y
Well, first, I don't do mail, too impersonal, I call, introduce myself quickly, ask them if they have a minute to talk or should I call back? Then I tell them I'm looking for properties and saw they were investing in several. Would you be interested in selling any of them? chit chat as required, get to the point, if they are they will say so, if not, I give my name and number, if you ever think about selling something would you give me a call? Then hang up and say next!
But, if I did mailings, I write a letter specifically to them asking about any of them they hold, I sure wouldn't send the guy ten letters and tick him off with junk mail. :)
Nottingham, MD · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 37 votes
11y
Bill my thoughts also, I would be ticked off if I received 10-15 letters from the same person in 1 day asking to sell all of my properties. Just looking to see what others might do. Would you add in the letter or conversation that if they dont want to sell are they looking to purchase if something comes along?
Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
11y
@Keith Belzner The best thing to do is keep it simple and to the point. No need trying to out think it by sending different pieces of mail. If your marketing is on point then you should not have and trouble bringing in those leads. Just make sure your website is ready to educate those leads, if not then I will focus on the site before I send out any mail.