Real Estate Agent · Clarkrange, TN · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
My question is simple, Im starting a direct mail campaign for my wholesaling venture , What should my letters and/or postcards say to get the potential sellers attention?
Here is the most commonly used Yellow Letter. This will generate the highest response rate, however there are tons of variations of this letter and many others. The longer your letter, the lower your response rate.
Here is the most commonly used Yellow Letter. This will generate the highest response rate, however there are tons of variations of this letter and many others. The longer your letter, the lower your response rate.
Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 688 posts · 607 votes
11y
Christopher Todd Stephens be more creative than "I'll buy your house cash" if you're in an area that is hot, whoever you're sending letters to probably gets 10 of those a month. Get yours to stand out somehow, change your message every time but always have a call to action. For example in my last letter I sent to absentee owners I sent "take advantage of this hot market while you still can." All you need is for that person to pick up the phone and call
Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
11y
@Christopher Todd Stephens Never start off by saying can I buy your house. If you do chances are your letter will end up in the trash. Come in with an helpful message to get people to call you or visit your website.
Using the educational method it forces people to take action on contacting you versus trashing your letter.
Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 8 votes
11y
Keep it simple, I've sent a long letter and literally got no responses, cut out 75% of it and got 25 responses out of 267 letters I sent. Short and sweet, your pockets will thank you.
Real Estate Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 14 votes
11y
@Antonio ColemanGreat advise. I am trying to utilize your previous blogs to set up a useful and successful website. Still in process and dont have the money to implement it yet, but i plan to follow your suggestions in your series of blogs to attempt to dominate my local market. I bring up the website because your blogs often talked about educating potential sellers just as you mentioned for the yellow letter.
Developer · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2013 · 45 posts · 25 votes
11y
If you have the time or help then hand address the envelopes. That really helps the response rate. I think it's OK to just mail merge the actual letter.
Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
11y
@Brad Srutowski Man thanks for the great words, and keep me posted on how your website. I get very excited to see people utilizing my techniques for their own projects.
My question is simple, Im starting a direct mail campaign for my wholesaling venture , What should my letters and/or postcards say to get the potential sellers attention?
Good question.. the letter should be great but a good list of motivated sellers is better. If marketers are correct, about 20% of the response you get is affected by the letter or creative factors; 80% of the response rate has to do with the quality of the list.