Took out a full page ad in the local paper

Took out a full page ad in the local paper

Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 120 posts · 15 votes

Took out a full page ad in the local paper. It will be going on the back page of the newspaper, virtually everyone who picks up the paper will see it.

Circulation is 13,000 homes and a ton of businesses where they have a large stack of them at the front door for free. 

I am a local real estate agent. The ad is offering a "free market analysis", im looking for listings.

The city is in a more working class/blue collar neighborhood. Prices are 50k-150k average. There are just way too many realtors advertising in the 300k+ neighborhoods, I feel like I would not get noticed. 

I will keep you updated on my results.

here is the ad [removed]

1Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

What's a local paper?

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    What's a local paper?

  • Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 120 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    What's a local paper?

    This town has a monthly paper that is free. Reports on all sorts of local happenings in the community. Every household, roughly 13,000 get 1 delivered and then every business in the city (bars,restaurants, doctors offices,gas stations) get a stack of them delivered to hand out for free at the door.

  • Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    How much did something like that cost? 

    In smaller town the paper is a great way to communicate. Well done, 

  • Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 120 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    How much did something like that cost? 

    In smaller town the paper is a great way to communicate. Well done, 

     $1,100 for a one month back page ad.

    If I get some real results I can work out a deal with the paper where I sign on for a few months in a row for a discounted rate.

    I think its a great deal for the amount of views I will likely receive. to send out 13,000 postcards it would cost you at least $3,000. 

  • Real Estate Professional · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I'd suggest something besides the 'free market analysis,' which is what everyone else does.  How about the "7 Most Important Things You Must Do To Get the Highest Price When Selling Your Home." 

    Then either offer it as a booklet, an email, etc. - Dig around the net and you'll see other direct mktg examples agents are using.

    good luck.

  • Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 120 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I'd suggest something besides the 'free market analysis,' which is what everyone else does.  How about the "7 Most Important Things You Must Do To Get the Highest Price When Selling Your Home." 

    Then either offer it as a booklet, an email, etc. - Dig around the net and you'll see other direct mktg examples agents are using.

    good luck.

    Good advice. In my next ad I want to put in some client reviews from my zillow page as well.

  • Specialist · CHICAGO · Member since 2015 · 680 posts · 650 votes
    10y

    How did your ad work out? I was thinking about doing something similar to find motivated sellers/distressed properties?

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Meghan McCallum:

    How did your ad work out? I was thinking about doing something similar to find motivated sellers/distressed properties?

     I was hoping that's what this was, Meghan. So excited to view results of a large 'tired of landlording?' ad. 

    The free market analysis and generic we buy houses results are probably ho-hum.  Thanks for bringing this back!

  • Specialist · CHICAGO · Member since 2015 · 680 posts · 650 votes
    10y

    So, Steve, are you taking out an ad? I'm just going to start with a small 2x2 ad in my local paper with a 3000 household distribution and the free advertiser that gets a 20000 household distribution four weeks.  Its only $50/week to do so.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.