voicemail or answering service ??

voicemail or answering service ??

Real Estate Investor · los angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 0 votes

hey everyone! i was wondering if i do have enough money to have a answering service could i use my voice mail. and if so what should i say? i intend to wholesale deals any advise will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. does anyone know of any great answering services?

0Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2009 · 20 posts · 4 votes
17y

You definitely should have a live person answer, but you definitely should NOT answer them yourself. Are you a real estate investor or a call center?

Most of your calls aren't going to be prospects. They're going to be suspects. Let your answering service prescreen out the suspects, and you call back the handful of prospects.

As an investor, you're looking for the people who NEED to sell, not just WANT to sell. Those people will not have a problem talking to your answering service.

I use PATLive. And they're already set up with scripts from Ron LeGrand. You can get a discounted account at www.patlive.com/ronlegrand

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · CA · Member since 2009 · 138 posts · 19 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Chris Oshea:
    Answer the phone yourself until you get to the point where your time is better spent elsewhere. And buy a couple of LOCAL phone numbers from a place like TossableDigits.com or any other call forwarding site. I think I'm paying 12 bucks a month for 2 numbers, this way you don't have to be putting your personal cell phone number on bandit signs, business cards, flyers, etc., and as another person already stated, you can set what hours you want the calls to go through between. Also a good way to keep track of your marketing to see what's generating calls


    Hey Chris Oshea I wanted to know - whats your feedback on tossabledigits ? I wanted to get a review/feel for them but I am yet to find a review online of their service
  • Real Estate Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2010 · 681 posts · 241 votes
    16y

    I answer the phone myself. My cell number is readily available, and I make a practise of calling back as soon as possible if I miss a call. Since I'm dealing with people nationwide, it's not unusual to get a call at 11pm EST from someone in California. If it's late, or I'm busy, I just let it go to voicemail. To me, it's important to immediately establish a rapport with a potential client. Since I deal with distressed homeowners, and realtors, there is a comfort level in being able to reach me easily. After we establish the relationship, I also use email and text.

  • Real Estate Investor · Jarrettsville, MD · Member since 2010 · 76 posts · 12 votes
    16y

    If you use your cell phone and don't want your number out there, try "Google Voice"
    I use it for one of my businesses, and it's free.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.